Caribou Gear

New Mexico is posted!

At first I was going to ask if you had your snake boots ready :) - but seems that's the Winter archery Ibex tag. Definitely looking forward to reading some posts on that one.
I hope the snakes are all asleep for this one. I've been on 2 other ibex hunts in 2016 and 2018 for the nanny population hunts so I have an idea what to expect. I hope the 3rd time i a charm for a big billy.

Sandbrew

My buddy/hunting partner/best-friend-since-we-were-11 drew 16C 2nd rifle. We are headed back to the Gila.

Definitely bringing alternate transportation this time after discovering the joy of the roads in that area 4 years ago.
I drew that same hunt in 16C. Love the gila. Good luck

I drew 2nd rifle hunt. MB Elk in 16C, then second deer hunt unit 21. Cant wait. My 12 year old son drew the youth rifle hunt tag for deer in unit 21 as well. He skunked out on bighorn, oryx, and elk.

Nothing for me either and im a resident. Oh well bear season here i come. Also have a deer and elk youth hunt, nephew drew both. So guess i will be doing some hunting this year. Looks like in gonna be doing lots of scouting this year.

My first choice has been the same for about a decade. I've not drawn that unit and didn't draw it this year. We applied our two sweepstakes winners for their first NM hunt, and one of them hits the jackpot. Good for him. Should be a ton of fun to help him on that hunt.
You should buy a otc bear tag. Always a ton of fun. I hunt sw nm its a tougher hunt sometimes, but lots of fun especially archery.

My first time applying for NM. Sea of red with one small island of hope. I pulled a deer tag rifle hunt for GMU18. Looks like a tough hunt, I'm gonna give it a go.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back