Caribou Gear

New Mexico is posted!

14 years worth of applications? Wow!..... good for you. 👍🏻
I was unsuccessful for the fifth year in a row… don’t know if I can go 14 years in NM .?.? I’m definitely going to rethink my strategy next year for state nonresident applicationS View attachment 137425
Just 14 years in general. Not 14 years straight in NM.
for example,I have applied for some deer tags in Montana with an 85% chance of drawing and Not drawn. Several times.

I’ve drawn some guaranteed tags in this time, like breaks archery elk in MT when residents could pull it 2nd choice etc, but this is the first real draw I’ve won in a while. If I remember correctly, I drew moose in Montana in 2005, then the next year drew a unit 210 mule deer in 2006 and it’s been nothing since. A lot of that is because of me either shooting for the stars or pulling guaranteed tags, so I’m definitely not complaining.

3rd year in a row of unsuccessful across the board for my son and I. 0 for 36 during that time. Most are pretty long odds, but all 3 years we have applied for a deer tag as our 3rd choice that had 30 - 40% odds so based on the math there is better than a 50/50 chance one of us would draw it each year. Oh well. The 6% cap is a killer and now rounding it down is a killer.

Just 14 years in general. Not 14 years straight in NM.
for example,I have applied for some deer tags in Montana with an 85% chance of drawing and Not drawn. Several times.

I’ve drawn some guaranteed tags in this time, like breaks archery elk in MT when residents could pull it 2nd choice etc, but this is the first real draw I’ve won in a while. If I remember correctly, I drew moose in Montana in 2005, then the next year drew a unit 210 mule deer in 2006 and it’s been nothing since. A lot of that is because of me either shooting for the stars or pulling guaranteed tags, so I’m definitely not complaining.
Yes, I understand. 14 years of various application without success. I feel you pain. Game and fish otta write you a thank you, with all respect. Good to see your still applying. 😃👍🏻 14 years is a loooooong time not to draw. But there’s always ovt in Colorado lol! 😃👍🏻 The hunts still on 😉

No love here, dang it but about par for the course in NM for me.

Congrats to the lucky folks, some great tags were drawn it sounds like.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back