Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Mexico Draw

Roadtrip

Just found a charge for New Mexico on the Credit Card this morning. 2 Bull tags. First Time I've applied in NM and I have no idea where we are going. Been so long since I applied I'm not even sure of the unit. I think it was Muzz in 15, Rifle in 15 or rifle in 23. Maybe in that order. Who knows. I'm just glad I've got a tag and look forward to hunting in a new place.

Cheers
Roadtrip

We hunted 15-B for muzzleloading a couple of years ago. Jorge got a heavy 5x5, Axel missed a big 6x6 (twice!!!) and I passed on a shot that I thought was a little too far for a muzzleloader I wasn't that familiar with. :( (I would take the shot if it was presented again.) I think thay have combined all of 15 into one unit now, haven't they?

I don't know anything about 23.

Congrats, Roadtrip. Unit 15 is what I drew for. Probably for Oct. 16-20. "The Beach, Elevation 12' @ low tide", are you ready for 8600' elevation. :D Maybe I'll see ya out there.

I figured you'd hunted up there before. Just thought I'd be a smart-ass. Hell, the elevation will get to me every now and then, and I live at 5000'. :D
They must be drawing elk by unit, cause everybody I know that's drawn is in unit 15. Might just be a coincedence.

D.Sims, you must live close to UNM. Do you remember back in the old days when the hunting regs didn't look like a phone book? Deer season was north of I-40 was open for two weeks,then south of I-40 was open.

The hunts were like that when I was just starting to hunt. They even threw in a bear and turkey tag with the deer, if I remember correctly.

I got hit as well with the premuim tag fee. Either the Valle videl or the gila for archery. both real good tags. got me a stiffy big time!

Congrats and good luck.

Way to go Schmalts. I guess you won't be spend two weeks in MT chasing speed goats. ;)

I know you will bring home the big boy this season.

Congrats Gents! New Mexico produces some of the finest Bulls in the Country! I wish you all the best of luck!

Thanks Fecl...I appreciate your honesty. I talked to a guy that lives in Luna and he said they had a big predation hunt there a couple of years ago. Said lots of hunters too. I think I might have to work hard to get away from the crowd....If you know of anyone that might help me...let me know. Thanks.

Cheers
Roadtrip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back