Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

KingOfTagSoup

Hello from New York! (not the city) I'm new to the forum. I've grown up hunting whitetails and turkey and am just starting to get into western hunting. I'm planning on going after a Merriam's turkey in the next couple years, probably in WY or NE. Anyone have any recommendations?

Welcome. I'm from Nebraska and can tell you that you'll be joined by lots of other folks for Merriams in my state. It can be done but it won't be easy. True Merriams occupy a small region of the state and there is some grumbling that all the turkeys in the state are basically hybrids at this point. After this past spring the game and parks finally admitted turkeys were on the decline (like many other states that used to be turkey heaven) and have implemented some active management. Maybe Wyoming is easier/better but I don't know. I have deer hunted in SD the last few years and can say if you want a Merriams, can get a tag, and willing to pay for a semi guided style hunt, SD is more of a sure thing.

Hello from New York! (not the city) I'm new to the forum. I've grown up hunting whitetails and turkey and am just starting to get into western hunting. I'm planning on going after a Merriam's turkey in the next couple years, probably in WY or NE. Anyone have any recommendations?
Welcome

Back