New member from Northwest Kansas

OutdoorsMan67530

This doesn't look like a popular thread, however I want to see who else from Kansas is on these threads.

Wichita reporting in!

Are the roads passable around the pools at the Bottoms yet? Hoping that the cattails die and never come back.

Wichita reporting in!

Are the roads passable around the pools at the Bottoms yet? Hoping that the cattails die and never come back.
Haven't made it to the bottoms since duck season, but I can tell you for sure that impassable roads is an issue all the way from you, to St. Francis. KDWPT teases us by having fires on the outskirts of the marshes, but they never burn cattails...

Not from KS, but a lot of my family was either born or still lives in Hill City. I hunt NW KS a little bit here and there. I'll probably hunt birds there this year, and deer next year (I've been foolishly buying a bunch of non res deer points that I probably don't need!). Welcome!

My dad was just back there for the family reunion a few weeks back, said the harvest was late and there was a lot of moisture. Bad for the farmers, but I was thinking it might be good for this year's bird crop. Last time I hunted out there, bird numbers were really low. I'm pretty excited to get out there this year with my setters, I think it's gonna be a lot better this time around.

Not from KS, but a lot of my family was either born or still lives in Hill City. I hunt NW KS a little bit here and there. I'll probably hunt birds there this year, and deer next year (I've been foolishly buying a bunch of non res deer points that I probably don't need!). Welcome!

My dad was just back there for the family reunion a few weeks back, said the harvest was late and there was a lot of moisture. Bad for the farmers, but I was thinking it might be good for this year's bird crop. Last time I hunted out there, bird numbers were really low. I'm pretty excited to get out there this year with my setters, I think it's gonna be a lot better this time around.
I hunt quite a bit in that area! Mostly trego county, but we saw a ton of quail last year, and this year should be even better! Great area to hunt birds in, I would definitely hunt birds in Kansas this year if I were you!

MT here and not clicking my heels twice. However, Welcome to HT! Look forward to reading your posts and checking out the photos of your adventures.

Not from Kansas but have friends there and hunt there every fall.

Not from Kansas, but my daughter and her family recently moved to Manhattan. SIL is avid deer, duck and goose hunter. Active duty Fort Riley. Welcome!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back