Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New member from New Mex

I have muzzle loader elk tag for 45 this year. I'm not familiar with 45 at all. Planning to be there at least a week early to scout things out a little.

Welcome from El Paso. I hunt NM frequently... unfortunately, not the case this year. Good luck on your hunt.

Glad to sign on and contribute. NM native, hunted elk and deer in units 9,10,12,13 for many years with success. Relocated to northern NM a few years ago and me and my partner both drew deer and elk tags in Unit 45. I've found some great fishing spots in the unit and look forward to further exploration of the hills.
Congrats on the draw. Archery, muzzy or rifle? I drew Archery deer for 51 this year.

45 is a great unit but I'd stay away from the pecos area. If your from NM then you already know.

Welcome to Hunt Talk and from Southern CO! I grew. I grew up in central NM unit 13. I've only hunted unit 13 and 17 in that area and then units 50, 51 and 52. I've been trying to draw a tag in NM since I moved away 12 years ago and haven't had any luck as a non-resident. We did a lot of fishing and camping in unit 45 back in the day but again never hunted it. Saw plenty of grouse and bear though.
Look forward to hearing more from you and your hunts this year!

Welcome to Hunt Talk and from Southern CO! I grew. I grew up in central NM unit 13. I've only hunted unit 13 and 17 in that area and then units 50, 51 and 52. I've been trying to draw a tag in NM since I moved away 12 years ago and haven't had any luck as a non-resident. We did a lot of fishing and camping in unit 45 back in the day but again never hunted it. Saw plenty of grouse and bear though.
Look forward to hearing more from you and your hunts this year!
Qelk, I have a tag in one of those units. I'm just curious about understanding the deer in that area, not spots lol. Being from East TX we don't get to look and learn about Muleys.

Looking for any help for unit 12 first rifle hunt
This belongs in its own thread under deer, elk or pronghorn thread, depending on which species you are asking about. cant tell from your post.

Like the buy who started this thrwad you might start with an introduction of yourself in a new thread in the Who am I forum. Those things will get you going more effectively and hopefully receive some help.

Qelk, I have a tag in one of those units. I'm just curious about understanding the deer in that area, not spots lol. Being from East TX we don't get to look and learn about Muleys.
Sorry, I don't know that I will be of much help. Like I started it's been 12+ years since I've hunted down there. A lot can change in that span of time including my memory. Lol sorry I am of no help.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back