New member from New Mex

stealth_like

Glad to sign on and contribute. NM native, hunted elk and deer in units 9,10,12,13 for many years with success. Relocated to northern NM a few years ago and me and my partner both drew deer and elk tags in Unit 45. I've found some great fishing spots in the unit and look forward to further exploration of the hills.

Welcome from Albuquerque. Good luck this year in unit 45.

I've only been in NM for a couple of years. I've become familiar with units 2b, 57, 58 and somewhat in 30. I'll add scouting as I draw different units.

This year I'll be scouting units 12 and 21b as my daughter drew a cow tag for unit 12 and I got a 21b either sex. I drew deer in 57 and feel good about it since we worked that unit pretty hard last year during antelope. A deer rammed my truck in unit 57 last year, so it's partly a revenge hunt this year. My daughter also drew ibex, so we'll be in the Florida Mt's this summer for sure.

We're looking to find private land in NM where we can pay for antelope access. Thought I'd throw that out there since you're a local and might know interested landowners in good antelope country. Otherwise, I'm cold contacting landowners based on Onx info for lack of any better mode. I don't do the outfitter/guide thing. I'd pay an outfitter if we could skip the guide and just purchase the access to private land.

Welcome from Albuquerque. Good luck this year in unit 45.

I've only been in NM for a couple of years. I've become familiar with units 2b, 57, 58 and somewhat in 30. I'll add scouting as I draw different units.

This year I'll be scouting units 12 and 21b as my daughter drew a cow tag for unit 12 and I got a 21b either sex. I drew deer in 57 and feel good about it since we worked that unit pretty hard last year during antelope. A deer rammed my truck in unit 57 last year, so it's partly a revenge hunt this year. My daughter also drew ibex, so we'll be in the Florida Mt's this summer for sure.

We're looking to find private land in NM where we can pay for antelope access. Thought I'd throw that out there since you're a local and might know interested landowners in good antelope country. Otherwise, I'm cold contacting landowners based on Onx info for lack of any better mode. I don't do the outfitter/guide thing. I'd pay an outfitter if we could skip the guide and just purchase the access to private land.
Well, ide be looking for the deer that rammed my truck as well!!lol. Good luck on your hunts. I know 12 very well but have no buddies with antelope land. Most antelope ive seen are down south or up north on the Colorado boarder

Although I've never hunted in any other state I enjoy the landscape and the quality game in my neck of the woods. Where have you hunted in NM?

Back