Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New KUIU Camo Pattern?

Maybe I'm a bit OCD as well, but I also prefer my camo to match. It does irritate me when companies go and discontinue lines that I've purchased in the past (Sitka did it when they discontinued their original moth wing? design). Any more, I usually steer away from camo and just use earth tones, mainly from first lite. All that being said, I've never jumped on the kuiu band wagon...they do make great stuff and I have a pair of their pants and a jacket that are awesome. The part that irritates me about them is their whole "direct to consumer price saving claim." Their stuff isn't any cheaper than Sitka, First Lite, Kryptek, or any of the other big brands, so where is that savings??

I wear a uniform to work every day too. I'll be honest, I can't really understand why anyone would give a FF if their hunting suit matches. Mine is solids, Optifade, ASAT, and a coyote tan pack. Spend your money on 1) hunting more or 2) something that will actually help you hunt better.

Maybe I'm a bit OCD as well, but I also prefer my camo to match. It does irritate me when companies go and discontinue lines that I've purchased in the past (Sitka did it when they discontinued their original moth wing? design). Any more, I usually steer away from camo and just use earth tones, mainly from first lite. All that being said, I've never jumped on the kuiu band wagon...they do make great stuff and I have a pair of their pants and a jacket that are awesome. The part that irritates me about them is their whole "direct to consumer price saving claim." Their stuff isn't any cheaper than Sitka, First Lite, Kryptek, or any of the other big brands, so where is that savings??
They are way cheaper than Sitka on most things and about the same, less on some things than FL.
Look at rain gear for example.
kelvin vs kenai. Gloves, etc.

Speaking of Camo... Anybody notice how Sitka did away with solids in a lot of things this year? Drives me nuts.

They are way cheaper than Sitka on most things and about the same, less on some things than FL.
Look at rain gear for example.
kelvin vs kenai. Gloves, etc.

Speaking of Camo... Anybody notice how Sitka did away with solids in a lot of things this year? Drives me nuts.

I can only assume that is why I scored a Sitka Dewpoint brand new for $129 last month. I'll take it.

Looks like there will be some discount Kuiu gear soon. Only the trained eye will know the difference between original and 2.0 so i'll go ahead and get camo undies, camo long johns, and i don't know what else as long as it's on sale.

Seriously though i'd rather by more tags than more fashionable clothes

if you're able to get on promotive, first lite is 35% off...
when you take a retailers mark up into account, i really don't think kuiu is a good deal...they've got to be making a killer profit on what they sell.

I was just looking at their stuff today and I see more items in solids than I ever have. What have they done away with?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back