New Hunters from Utah... Myself and my boys

Herrimanster

Howdy. I have a really good fishing buddy that's hunted his entire life. For years we'd sit around our fishing trip campfires laughing at and enjoying his hunting stories. Last year I finally decided to take the leap with my two boys and take on this adventure of hunting with a Spike Elk hunt. One boy has played sports since he was little.. my older boy was not so athletically inclined, but always a hard worker and willing ;) We didn't have success in getting a spike, but saw an amazing Bull. I know we won't ever forget the experience of seeing a Bull Elk in the early morning like we did and have been hooked from that moment on. I personally won't forget spending that time with my boys during that hunt. My boys both drew buck tags with zero points this year (Thanks Randy and your podcasts and GoHunt!!) and we just got back from our first scouting trip.

We have a LOT to learn! Looking forward to learning from you all.

I personally won't forget spending that time with my boys during that hunt
That's the best part, imo. Watching one harvest an elk, deer, pronghorn, turkey, or whatever game bumps it up a few notches.
Though being out there with our young men and women, watching them experience the outdoors with the hunt intent and knowing they are our future conservationists is pretty darn epic!

Mentoring our future strengthens tomorrow. These hunts with our youth make the best threads, harvest or not, imo. Pics though! :)

Good job, pops!

Welcome to HT.

Welcome from NM. I hope you guys make some great campfire stories of your own this year!

Back