Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Guy Success!!

First, congrats on not letting one fly on the first encounter when a good shot wasn’t offered. Next, congrats on killing a fine bull.
Obviously, you now understand what many of us have been experiencing for a while. No way to explain how awesome a close kill with archery gear is.

Very cool man! I'm sure you caught the itch now! But just keep telling yourself that it isn't always that easy!

My first archery deer ran right up to me (4 yards straight down from my stand) and after that I couldn't get a doe within 100 yards of my stand!

Anyway, good job and nice write up!

That is absolutely awesome and a great story. Thanks for sharing. I am not new to hunting, but have never been out west nor do I have much experience hunting with a bow even though I have had one since 06', mostly shooting my bow before whitetail season and only going a few times a year with no downed deer to show for it. So I could only imagine an elk hunt like that and having those two encounters. Bravo and congrats once again.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! Like many of you have said, I don't know how it can get any better than this... but (God willing) I'll have a lifetime of September's to try and top it nonetheless. I just finished up doing the Euro mount myself, and I am quite pleased. The wife said it can even come in the house once it stops stinking hahaha. Speaking of- does anyone know when I can expect the skull to smell decent? Anyways, the next hunt is a cow elk hunt in Idaho in November... wish me luck!!

IMG_1652.JPGIMG_1650.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back