New Guy From Oregon

Umpqua Hunter

Hi…

I just joined the forum. I'm from Western Oregon. I've been applying in most of the western states for the past 30 years. I am constantly doing research on new limited entry hunts.

I love to fish for chinook salmon here in Oregon, and fish for striped bass in the Colorado River system.

Just wanted to say hi. Looking forward to contributing on the forum.

UH

Welcome aboard! Look forward to stories & pics! :) Pics... for certain! :)

Wow...what a welcome break to have someone introduce themselves properly on their first post instead of asking for everyone's favorite hunting spot!

Welcome...looking forward to some great pictures and stories as well!

Wow...what a welcome break to have someone introduce themselves properly on their first post instead of asking for everyone's favorite hunting spot!

Welcome...looking forward to some great pictures and stories as well!

Ha ha idfishnhunt. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I'm on a couple other forums and just last week a first time poster asked in their first post of there were 400" bulls in a particular unit. :roll eyes:

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Welcome fellow Oregonian. Is that an Oregon bighorn in your avatar? If so, let me know the secret of drawing a bighorn tag in Oregon. I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery. Welcome aboard.

Welcome fellow Oregonian. Is that an Oregon bighorn in your avatar? If so, let me know the secret of drawing a bighorn tag in Oregon. I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery. Welcome aboard.

ashersdad, the ram in my avitar is an area 5 WY bighorn from 2009. Killed it on a solo backpack hunt.

This is my wife's bighorn from Oregon in 2012.

One more Oregon guy. Got any blacktail pictures?

Uggg. Blacktails are my nemesis!

Here is my best blacktail taken in 2009:

And here are two we got game cam pics of on our place a couple years ago, but I think a cat got both of them. We had four different cougars on our place that year:

Last edited:
Great to see you here Umpqua Hunter! You will see it's a great bunch of people here on Hunt Talk. :)

Nice Chinook! Not a bad year at all.....

Back