Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Guy From Oregon

Ha ha idfishnhunt. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I'm on a couple other forums and just last week a first time poster asked in their first post of there were 400" bulls in a particular unit. :roll eyes:

This forum is much, much better than that one. Not that people don't come on here and do the same thing but still it is much better.

Very cool pictures! Keep em coming.

Okay…here we go. Here are a string of rams off draw tags between 2001 and 2009:

In 2001, I drew a Nevada Desert sheep tag in Unit 161 and shot my ram at about 10K elevation:

In 2007, my second son (16 at the time) drew a random tag for Unit 5 in Wyoming:

In 2008, my third son (14 at the time), drew an Arizona desert sheep tag with only 4 points:

In 2009 I drew Unit 5 in Wyoming on points and did a solo backpack hunt. This is the ram in my avatar.

Then in 2012 my wife drew an Oregon sheep tag and killed the ram I posted above.

The moral of this story is that it is impossible to draw sheep tags and everyone might as well give up trying ;)

Last edited:
Welcome!! That ram of yours sure has "the goods" if'n you know what I mean!!

Welcome about sir and congrats to the clan of mighty sheep slayers.

Now back to that salmon…holy crap! Sure wish they got that big around here. Do you fish them on the river or off shore?

Welcome about sir and congrats to the clan of mighty sheep slayers.

Now back to that salmon…holy crap! Sure wish they got that big around here. Do you fish them on the river or off shore?

I absolutely have grown to love Chinook fishing. It has a lot of elements like hunting when you are after big fish. Last year I was having so much fun I didn't hardly get out hunting until November.

My passion is trolling plug cut herring in the ocean, river mouth and lower river, where the fish are actively feeding. Where I fish that runs from July through October. There is a lot of technique to catch them consistently. I don't fish them nearly as much up river, because it is more a reaction bite.

Back