Caribou Gear Tarp

New from Oregon

Elkhunt58

I am a born and raised small town Oregonian, living on the wet West side, but preferring to hunt in central or eastern Oregon. I've enjoyed Roosevelt, Rocky Mt elk, Mule deer, bear and antelope (successes). Even killed a Muflon sheep years ago when a bunch of them went wild outside of Spray and read a small article in Outdoor life that you could hunt them for free and no bag limit. Sage Rats might be the most fun shooting of all. I am 41 years married, 3 adult kids and 9 grands. I have been in Christian ministry for 43 years, and pastor for the past 32. I've been a "gun guy" since my first 03 Springfield at age 11 and the Lee Loader I bought to feed it. I like canoes and bikes and have too many of both. Oregon has changed too much. Consistent hunting traditions (locations) are nearly impossible to create, and success rates are low. But like most of you, I enjoy getting out with friends and family.

I am a born and raised small town Oregonian, living on the wet West side, but preferring to hunt in central or eastern Oregon. I've enjoyed Roosevelt, Rocky Mt elk, Mule deer, bear and antelope (successes). Even killed a Muflon sheep years ago when a bunch of them went wild outside of Spray and read a small article in Outdoor life that you could hunt them for free and no bag limit. Sage Rats might be the most fun shooting of all. I am 41 years married, 3 adult kids and 9 grands. I have been in Christian ministry for 43 years, and pastor for the past 32. I've been a "gun guy" since my first 03 Springfield at age 11 and the Lee Loader I bought to feed it. I like canoes and bikes and have too many of both. Oregon has changed too much. Consistent hunting traditions (locations) are nearly impossible to create, and success rates are low. But like most of you, I enjoy getting out with friends and family.
Welcome! Congrats on 41 years of marriage. That is something special in this day and age! Glad to have you here.

Welcome, from central Oregon. That’s pretty neat you found a Muflon out there. I’ve heard rumors off and on that there are still an couple around, but have never really looked into it. Anyway, welcome to Hunt Talk.

Welcome, from central Oregon. That’s pretty neat you found a Muflon out there. I’ve heard rumors off and on that there are still an couple around, but have never really looked into it. Anyway, welcome to Hunt Talk.
Coming home from Spray one year I saw a bunch of those sheep. Went back to a ranch where they were branding and asked about them and old guy that owned the place said they were his. Been a lot of years and my guess the one's your seeing were his and all went loose when he passed. Was quite a few of them years ago!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back