New from Ohio

kparrott

Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been following the forum for awhile and finally decided to sign up.

I'm from Columbus Ohio and can't wait to get out west to hunt!

Welcome aboard from a fellow buckeye. I warn you though, once you get a taste of the west, you are bound to be addicted.

I'm from Columbus Ohio and can't wait to get out west to hunt!

From one Buckeye to another welcome. I'm in Union county, if you need some advice from a western hunter newbie shoot me a pm, otherwise do your research on this site, lots a great advice from guys that know their sh^t.
All it takes is getting in your rig, drive west, and (in Fin's words) get a tag and go hunt! This first step is easy, it's the fallout from that first trip of wanting to return west every waking minute you have. After my first trip west 5yrs ago I said I'll return every year as long as I'm still upright.....the streak is still alive.

Man, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome!

A little more about me, I finally decided to take hunting a little more seriously this year. I've been a gun hunter the last few years in Ohio and WVa. I decided to pick a bow back up this year and I'm hoping to take my first dear with a bow this year.

I'm 25 years old, fairly active road and mountain biking, running, and kayaking. I'd get my butt whooped if I went out west though! I'm planning on going on a black bear hunt in Virginia in 2016, and hopefully out west in 2017.

I am interested in either muzzleloader or rifle hunting for the first few years. I'd like to get OTC tags or tags that are pretty easy to draw. I'm definitely more of a meat hunter than a trophy hunter. I was thinking either mule deer or cow elk for my first year.

Thanks everyone

Man, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome!

A little more about me, I finally decided to take hunting a little more seriously this year. I've been a gun hunter the last few years in Ohio and WVa. I decided to pick a bow back up this year and I'm hoping to take my first dear with a bow this year.

I'm 25 years old, fairly active road and mountain biking, running, and kayaking. I'd get my butt whooped if I went out west though! I'm planning on going on a black bear hunt in Virginia in 2016, and hopefully out west in 2017.

I am interested in either muzzleloader or rifle hunting for the first few years. I'd like to get OTC tags or tags that are pretty easy to draw. I'm definitely more of a meat hunter than a trophy hunter. I was thinking either mule deer or cow elk for my first year.

Thanks everyone

I think a CO mule deer hunt or a WY antelope hunt would be a great way to kick off your western hunting career. Late season cow elk hunts can be very productive as well. Welcome!

You still have a couple days left to apply for Wy Lope & M. Deer. Hurry!

Welcome. I'm doing my 2nd tour of duty in OH right now. No telling how long this one will last.

Back