Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

New from Michigan's UP

Welcome to the site. I also have alot of bear points and hoping to transfer my tag to my 9yr old when he is ready. Up to 12points now. They were for my older son but he just turned 18 and he got the Wisconsin tag!

Welcome to the site. I also have alot of bear points and hoping to transfer my tag to my 9yr old when he is ready. Up to 12points now. They were for my older son but he just turned 18 and he got the Wisconsin tag!
I have been thinking about cashing my WI points in and hunting over there sometime soon.

Welcome from a fellow Michigander. Although a troll, I spent a fair amount of time living in the UP and still get back when I can. If you ever need info on bears, cats, and lake trout from troll land, just let me know.
Thanks, I grew up on Lake Superior and worked on a charter boat as a kid. I still spend a ton of time out there in the summer. Too many hobbies and not enough time.

When I started collecting points I thought I would bring my plotts up there but then saw how bad the wolf population was and decided on a bait hunt. Almost have enough to go back to Wisconsin again soon. Good luck when you do go

One of my USAF buddies retired to Iron River and I hunted deer with him within a vast National Forest. The name of this forest escapes me. I shot a large bodied 6 pointer with his 35 Remington Marlin lever gun because of the hassle of flying with firearms. It was quite cold but we had a great time together. We spotted wolf tracks in the snow. I'd like to return to this wild country.

TR

One of my USAF buddies retired to Iron River and I hunted deer with him within a vast National Forest. The name of this forest escapes me. I shot a large bodied 6 pointer with his 35 Remington Marlin lever gun because of the hassle of flying with firearms. It was quite cold but we had a great time together. We spotted wolf tracks in the snow. I'd like to return to this wild country.

TR
I believe it’s the Ottawa national forest. I used to bear hunt over there a lot but the wolves have become a huge issue. Between the 3 bad winters and the explosion of the wolf population our whitetail herd in the UP has been devastated in most places.

Hi everyone, My name is John Hubbard and I was born and raised in the UP of Michigan. I grew up hunting, trapping and fishing with my dad, grandpa and brother. I've lived in a small town on Lake Superior for most of my life. When i was young my dad worked out west as a timber faller for Columbia Helicopters for and we bounced around the Pacific NW for a few years before returning to the UP. I did a short stint in Lower Michigan right out of college but moved back as soon as possible. I joined the forum to learn more about western big game hunting. A group of friends and I bow hunted South Dakota this fall and had a great time. We chased a few whitetails in the black hills but really spent most of the time chasing mule deer in the NW part of the state due to the fact I drew an access tag for 35L. For many years my real passion has been hound hunting for bear and it has consumed me at times. I have hunted bear and hogs with my hounds in New Mexico, Alabama, Wisconsin and Oklahoma. My dad and I also used to hunt whitetails in NW Ontario before the population crash as well as hunting caribou in Quebec before they closed the season. Deer populations here in the UP have really declined the last few years due to bad winters and the explosion of wolves in our area. Thanks for all the info you guys put on this forum and I look forward to reading and learning more. If any members are ever in the UP and want to go on a bear chase or catch a pile of lake trout on Lake Superior feel free to shoot me a message.
Welcome from another fellow newbie Michigander. I’m a troll living in the thumb! Spend falls out west for all the same reasons!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back