Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Country, what are you listening too

We have a local guy who started a band called Bluewater Highway. They are very good. Texas and Red Dirt music is my absolute favorite. I really like Slaid Cleaves and Chris Knight as well.

Whitey morgan, Cody jinks, Aaron watson, cody Johnson, Tyler Childers, colter wall, whisky myers. Haven't listened to a local radio station in over a year. The new stuff they play on mainstream radio is God awful. Only two artists I'll listen to that are on local stations are luke combs and Justin moore.

Last edited:
I'm digging blackberry smoke. A lot of an old southern rock vibe.
If you are liking BlackBerry Smoke, check out Whiskey Myers, they have 4 albums out now each one has it's own flavor the band progressing each album. Absolutely great live as well almost better. These guys are hungry and making some great music. Mud and Firewater are probably my favorite albums of theirs

If you are liking BlackBerry Smoke, check out Whiskey Myers, they have 4 albums out now each one has it's own flavor the band progressing each album. Absolutely great live as well almost better. These guys are hungry and making some great music. Mud and Firewater are probably my favorite albums of theirs

I just watched the video for ballad of a southern man...AWESOME!!! Thanks!

Brent Cobb, Ryan Bingham, The Infamous Stringdusters, Railroad Earth just to name a few. I have a playlist on Spotify with about 730 songs. Some mainstream stuff but not a ton. Hardly any mainstream music from within the last 5 years. It's called Cowboys and Coyotes if anybody is interested.

I'm not a huge country guy, but Sturgill is my favorite. I've been liking Brent Cobb lately too.

My absolute favorite band is Lucero, but they are a little more alt-country and Red Dirt. Jason Isbell is great too, I think he might be low key one of the best song writers of this generation.

Speaking my language! Gonna see Ben Nichols solo in Milwaukee in June.

John Moreland definitely needs some attention in this conversation.
Austin Lucas, too. His earlier stuff is more bluegrassy, but it’s all darn good. Between the Moon and the Midwest is one of the greatest country albums of all time, and no one knows it.

I like Whitey Morgan and I would give Stoney LaRue a listen too. My favorite listen is Jamey Johnson. Steel woods band opened for Jamey and they were good.

Speaking my language! Gonna see Ben Nichols solo in Milwaukee in June.

John Moreland definitely needs some attention in this conversation.
Austin Lucas, too. His earlier stuff is more bluegrassy, but it’s all darn good. Between the Moon and the Midwest is one of the greatest country albums of all time, and no one knows it.

I’m not the kinda guy to go to shows very often, but I saw solo Ben Nichols show and it was awesome. You’ll be glad you decided to go!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back