New chainsaw

Started buying firewood three years ago, great decision. The podcast reinforced it.

I've got the Stihl chainsaw that my brother and I bought about 30 years ago. It had benn sitting for about five years with no use. Last winter I finally ran out of firewood. Cleaned out with carb cleaner, cleaned off
the original spark plug, put some new gas and oil mix in, refilled chain oil res. and it fired up on the 3rd pull. Other that a few new chains we have never had any problems. They are the BEST.

I've got the Stihl chainsaw that my brother and I bought about 30 years ago. It had benn sitting for about five years with no use. Last winter I finally ran out of firewood. Cleaned out with carb cleaner, cleaned off
the original spark plug, put some new gas and oil mix in, refilled chain oil res. and it fired up on the 3rd pull. Other that a few new chains we have never had any problems. They are the BEST.

The only bad thing about long term, is if gas is left in the tank. As long as it is empty, your experience is totally normal.

Chain saw

Buy the pre-mixed fuel that has no ethanol and only use it. It's more $$ but it will save you a lot of headaches down the road. Won't gum up your carb. The stuff reminds me of the old white gas.

Sheff

Back