New bow

174in

Just got back from ordering my new bow I was looking into a hoyt alphaburner but ended up deciding on the new CRX after talking to my bow shop guy.
I shoot light poundage so I look to get as much speed as I can on the bows I shoot,I was amaized at what this bow would do
53# 27.5in draw 302 gr arrow was 286fps
53# 27.5in draw 270gr arrow 301 fps
this bow has a 7" brace and is rated for 323IBO
My old bow is mathews switchback rated for 318fps
it only shot 53# 27.5in draw 302gr arrow at 248fps.

Look at me, look at me I'm so rich I have 2 active threads right now with new purchases:D

Sounds like a sweet bow. I have been threating to get a new one. I am actually headed out the door right now to a indoor 3-d shoot. If /when I get my azz handed to me I will take it up a notch from threatening to seriously considering;)

I hate that when you buy a new bow it is worth 3 cents in 2 years. Almost as bad as a vehicle.

I have never shot a bow with arrows as lite as you cite. Are you hunting field mice?:D

Dink I have a super straight shooting bow for ya!

Just got back from ordering my new bow I was looking into a hoyt alphaburner but ended up deciding on the new CRX after talking to my bow shop guy.
I shoot light poundage so I look to get as much speed as I can on the bows I shoot,I was amaized at what this bow would do
53# 27.5in draw 302 gr arrow was 286fps
53# 27.5in draw 270gr arrow 301 fps
this bow has a 7" brace and is rated for 323IBO
My old bow is mathews switchback rated for 318fps
it only shot 53# 27.5in draw 302gr arrow at 248fps.

I'm assuming those are the weights minus the field point/broadhead? My buddy just bought the same bow, not bad for a Hoyt....;)

Picked up a 2008 PSE Mach X on AT for $275, new in the box. Two years ago it was selling for $700, Ouch! Can't wait till turkey season.

I really liked the CRX when I shot one a couple months back. If I hadn't bought an Alphamax a couple years back I would have ordered one for sure.

dont get too caught up on speed anyways. the bows today shoot plenty fast at 60 lbs and the bows today are really quiet anyways. i personally go for smooth and quiet much rather than speed. jmo

Look at me, look at me I'm so rich I have 2 active threads right now with new purchases:D

Sounds like a sweet bow. I have been threating to get a new one. I am actually headed out the door right now to a indoor 3-d shoot. If /when I get my azz handed to me I will take it up a notch from threatening to seriously considering;)

I hate that when you buy a new bow it is worth 3 cents in 2 years. Almost as bad as a vehicle.[/QUOTE
Hey I had to buy something to put that new ripcord I won on here right? LOL

The arrow weights are total arrow weights and yes I do hunt with a 300 grain arrow.Even have a mechanical head on the end of it.All we have to bowhunt around here is whitetail.Never had a problem with this setup.If I were to hunt something like elk I would definatly be shooting a heavier arrow.The lighter arrow will be my 3d arrows more than likely.

Take this for what it's worth...in MY opinion... Even for whitetails I wouldn't hunt with less than a 400 grain total weight arrow...especially with a mechanical head. What you're gaining in speed you're losing in Kenetic Energy

With that little bit of energy I would think a gust of wind would blow that arrow way off course.

It's the same with bullets, many people think that lighter bullets that shoot faster are better but with the lower BC those bullets lose their energy and speed faster and a heavy bullet with a high BC will actually catch up and be faster at longer ranges with lots more energy and shoot flatter with less wind drift. My 2 Cents.

Take this for what it's worth...in MY opinion... Even for whitetails I wouldn't hunt with less than a 400 grain total weight arrow...especially with a mechanical head. What you're gaining in speed you're losing in Kenetic Energy
Yea but you are shooting a Z7.

I tried to find a carbon arrow to shoot through my 40# recurve and could not find one I had to shoot some real skinny aluminums they were like 1816,s or some thing does that sound right?I know alot of guys think a 302 grain arrow is to light and I know alot of guys prefer a heavy arrow.I have had nothing but great results with this kinda setup.Out to 40yds it usually ends up in a passthrough.As long as the bow is tuned good and the arrows are flying straight its gold.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back