Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New bow should I be looking at new arrows

jzeck2

After finally getting a new Prime bow and retiring my old Jennings buckmaster I have gained a bunch of speed probably in the high 290 fps. Pulling about 65 lbs and a 28.5 inch draw. Current arrows are beman ics hunters in a 340 spine and 9.3 gpi. Will be putting on a 100 g broadhead have used both fixed and mechanicals. Thinking about going back to fixed since iId like to go to Idaho.

Here is my question, should I be looking at an upgrade in arrow?

Are you getting good arrow flight and accuracy that is acceptable to you? If so I can't see any reason to change.

I just took a look at Beman.com and you're right on the edge between the 340 and the 300.
If you don't put your bow up to 70 you should be alright, but I might get 300's just to be safe.

I got a lot better accuracy when I upgraded my arrows.Try a half dozen of something different and see how it works for you.Arrows I buy are expensive,but worth it to me.I use to shoot exactly what your shooting now for arrows.If your getting tight groups already then I wouldn't upgrade

I think it is worth looking at an upgrade you will get quite a bit more consistency with a higher tolerance arrow.

I see it a lot guys shooting 1000.00 plus rigs with old beat up strings and trying to run the cheapest arrows they can find your not getting your full potential. Would you buy a new Corvette and run 85 octane through it?

Back