New Boat ( My Turn)

ShaneFl'06

Anybody have any experience with Triton Bass Boats? I am looking at new 18fters and since Nitro(Tracker marine) has made me angry I told Johnny Morris where he could stick his Nitro.BTW I currently have a 93 Nitro I bought new with my Dad. The Nitro's have set colors and you can not change unless you pay additional $$$ and upgrade to a 19ft boat!!! Triton on the other hand will put any color combo you want at NO EXTRA CHARGE. All the 18ft boats with Merc XR6 150's all cost about the same.

BTW All I want is a gray bottom instead of white and Nitro won't go there unless it's Black,NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

shane:
that triton is a great boat, one of the guys has one in our club a dual consol 18 footer 175 hp, the thing handles like a dream and is very very fast, it also is great on gas. Has alot of room and is tall enought to stand the 4-6 foot swells we sometimes get. On top of that hey are all composite from what I under stand NO wood at all. I got to take there top of the line boat out for a demo. it had a 300hp motor on it and was 21 feet long. we hit 96 mph and it wasnt full throttle. the guy said he had it gps at 113 to 115. the price tag on that boat was $53,000 was an awsum boat though.
while we were hauling butt we hit waves and didnt even feel them , the boat cut right thru the waves and never got bouncy. triton is a great choice and they are reasonibly priced. about 5000 cheaper than a skeeter and 8-10 cheaper than a ranger. there in the same price range as the stratos and javilins. but 10x's better boat for the money.

I got a price on one minus motor 4 months ago for either 12,000 or 15,000 forget which one. I have 2 175 horse mercs. right now we are looking for a hull or a boat - the motor. even the wife said buy one if I can.

Delw

ShaneFL, Triton's are fantastic boats and like delw said NO WOOD all aluminum frame and transom! very popular amoungst the tournamet series fisherman and a boat that will compete with the very best of them!.My cajun had a wood transom sandwiched between fiberglass , what a friggin mess that was the wood rotted, ooooooo it was ugly! from then on i vowed to never have another boat with any wood what-so-ever! The tritons were tops on the list till the wife saw the key west center console flats boats.

Delw the tritons I looked at so far are 18ft with dual consoles and 150merc XR6 for $19.5K,I thought that was good buy on great boat. I had heard through several boat nuts that they were very fast,second fastest next to the Allison Bass Boat which a buddy has and is way too fast. It's going to be in June before we buy but with a $$$$ amount like this shoping around is a must.

DKO Cajuns are good boats for the money but I had heard they were 10 year boats on the huals max. Almost bought one from Reed Nissan when I was shoping the first time. The Keywest is in the running,they are the formost in Salty boats IMO. The Tritons are available with NO CARPET and all stainless parts ready for sal****er and that is another boat to consider. My uncle has a Key Largo,big,heavy and slow,not very impressed with that boat at all. I do like the Idea of NO wood in a boat.The Nitro has no wood except in the tringers,the rest is poly plastic for the deck and seat backs. from what I understand Nitro Boats have been lacking in quality since about 1995.

Back