Nevada Worth the Money

I am 82 and for health reasons have stopped applying for tags. My last tag was a Nevada elk tag. I had just gotten out of hospital And my ten year old grandson helped me over logs, rocks and up and down mountain. I was rewarded with a 370 bull. Figured that was a good one for a finale.

I'm in to deep to get out now and will just keep throwing money at it. I'm on the edge of drawing a Arizona elk tag hoping next year.

^How long will it be bore elk odds get to be as bad as sheep?
Hopefully they never do. I would think if elk numbers stay like they are now, we'd need an unprecedented surge of new hunters applying to create that much competition. Anyone who wants to should be able to hunt elk many times in his life if he stays healthy and applies for reasonable hunts, as long as we keep elk in the mountains.

(I know this is an older comment but I wanted to throw that out there.)

I agree with you, Nevada can only hold so many elk and I don't think they can expand that much more. Lack of water is big and the wild horse problem in giant. I don't there is a bad elk unit in Nevada, it is managed for Quality. There are other states that the draw odds are a lot better, Colorado has a lot of elk but the Quality isn't as good as Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Wyoming. I apply in all of those states and more just, hoping to draw a limited elk hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back