Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Nevada or Arizona

Oneye

I currently apply in Wyoming and Colorado for nonresident big game. I would like to add Arizona or Nevada, which would you say is the better state to add? Mainly looking for deer, and pronghorn opportunities with this one. I know elk is kinda a nonstarter for nonresident in Nevada. I’d probably apply for elk in Arizona , not in Nevada.

Antelope isn't a "reasonable" goal in either state. Deer hunting is probably better in Arizona. Depends on where you live and how far you want to drive.
Utah has better opportunity for both, and probably similar average quality. Just keep that in mind when you're paying a bunch of money for the same thing.

Antelope isn't a "reasonable" goal in either state. Deer hunting is probably better in Arizona. Depends on where you live and how far you want to drive.
Utah has better opportunity for both, and probably similar average quality. Just keep that in mind when you're paying a bunch of money for the same thing.
Utah is where I live. I was just more looking for one more non-resident state to start building points besides Wyoming and Colorado which I already do.

I would do arizona for sure. The deer and elk hunting there is great and as of now you can draw some tags without waiting a lot of years. The minus to arizona is the pronghorn, pronghorn isn't easy to draw in Nevada either but better chance than in arizona.

Utah is where I live. I was just more looking for one more non-resident state to start building points besides Wyoming and Colorado which I already do.
It's in your profile that you're from Utah, and I was just letting you know that the grass isn't always greener, just some different grass.

With the increase in applications in Arizona the past two years its gonna take you probably 3-5 more years to draw an elk tag now than it was just a few years ago. I'd consider that in your plan especially if your new to the game. Your gonna need probably 12-15 points or more to draw a lower tier elk archery tag when all those newbies finally cycle through the draw over time.

If you're looking for opportunity AZ far outweighs NV for deer especially if you want to hunt Coues. NV easily over AZ for antelope. You very likely going to wait 30 years to draw a goat tag in AZ (no exaggeration).

anyone have any info on outfitters that work down by the border in the easy to draw areas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bizarrnes
Back