Nevada muzzleloader Elk tag & a Surprise

mularcher

I live in Las Vegas and put in for several hunts in different states every year because drawing tags is so difficult this year nothing new Utah nothing, New Mexico nothing, South Dakota no buck tag so last chance is my home state. After drawing no deer tags the last three years I thought I'd get a archery tag and last week I decided to check the NV draw results site.

After what I read I didn't go to sleep until 5am. My wife got a rifle mule deer tag, cool. My 12 year old daughter got a mule deer youth tag for the second year.. I look next to that and she drew a muzzleloader bull elk tag with one point... now I stoked. Next I see my name yup got my archery mule deer tag under that I drew the same muzzleloader bull elk tag and I'm like no way we get to hunt together for big bulls sweet. Now what I see next was shocking with only 5 points and what I'm told was a 0.09% chance to draw I got a California Bighorn Sheep tag in northern Nevada and yeah I didn't get much sleep that night.

I haven't done any muzzleloader elk or sheep hunting before so if anyone has any advice I'm all ears.

Wow, that is amazing luck for both of you. Look forward to the story and pics.

Wow! Unreal! It's going to be a crazy year for you. Take lots of pictures to help you remember every single minute of it! Congrats!

You probably never have that many tags again, make sure and get the time off now, you will regret not putting the full effort into it later....... especially that bighorn tag!
Matt

Woo hoo! Congrats on that haul of tags. A decade from now the bull hunt might be more memorable than the ram hunt, as you look through your pictures, because you each have a bull tag. Go get 'em!

After looking at the dates of these hunts we may give back at least my deer tag if not more to concentrate on the Elk and Sheep tags.

Elk is Unit 11 and the Bighorn is in 32.

Well good luck I'm not too informative on 11 but 32 I've seen a few rams around pm me if you need help. Good luck

Amazing! Congrats and good luck! I am hunting with my daughter this year too and am so excited. I have not hunted either area but call the biologist there. I have had great luck talking to them. They are a very good resource.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back