Nevada Land-Owner Tags

MaxPower

Curious if anyone knows whether or not NV grants non-resident tags to out-of-state landowners (like Wyoming does).

My in-laws (Utah residents) own land in NV, and I live in Wyoming. Does NV have anything in place where I can apply for tags or obtain landowner tags without going through the entire draw process?

I know Wyoming does this, when I lived in Utah we got landowner tags for Wyoming because my Dad owned land there that the elk/deer wintered on. We still had to pony up for the out-of-state fees, but we could bypass the draw.

Thanks

Ya but it’s no an easy process. I pretty sure you need 60 game animals of the same species on your land. You apply and 6 months later they come out and count. If you do exceed 60 you get nothing. If you do have that many then I think you get a tag both both sex’s. Good luck

Ya but it’s no an easy process. I pretty sure you need 60 game animals of the same species on your land. You apply and 6 months later they come out and count. If you do exceed 60 you get nothing. If you do have that many then I think you get a tag both both sex’s. Good luck
Thank you much. We've got about 300 acres out near Panaca, so fingers crossed.

I believe the minimum acreage is above 300, but I could be wrong.
I spoke with NDOW, they didn't mention anything to me about acreage but said it had to be a cash crop that animals (a minimum of 60 I think - biologists have to go count) are getting into.
So just rangeland doesn't cut it. So I'm out of luck. I was hoping they'd be more like Wyoming. My Dad owns property in Wyoming and elk winter on his place - it's also just rangeland. He gets two general tags (it's in a general unit) every year without having to draw but he still has to pay the out of state fee.
I will say this for NV, they let you sell/transfer land owner tags. Wyoming limits them to next of kin.

If you've got an extra $10,000 laying around there are always landowner tags available for purchase here in Nevada.

I'd have been happy to sell you one if we could have gotten some. We have about 300 acres in a good spot with water in 242 - but it's just rangeland and no cash crop so we're SOL.
I am new here on the forum. It seems like you have applied to receive land owner elk tag based on your property there in Nevada. I too have applied for land owner tags in New Mexico. It seems like I’ll get 1 or 2 MB elk tags every 3-4 years. Would you be interested in trading your NV land owner elk tag for my NM land owner elk pending if we are awarded the vouchers? I am looking for other state hunting opportunities.

I spoke with NDOW, they didn't mention anything to me about acreage but said it had to be a cash crop that animals (a minimum of 60 I think - biologists have to go count) are getting into.
So just rangeland doesn't cut it. So I'm out of luck. I was hoping they'd be more like Wyoming. My Dad owns property in Wyoming and elk winter on his place - it's also just rangeland. He gets two general tags (it's in a general unit) every year without having to draw but he still has to pay the out of state fee.
I will say this for NV, they let you sell/transfer land owner tags. Wyoming limits them to next of kin.
Thankfully WY does not let landowners sell them. Too many tags circumventing the public draw as it is.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back