Caribou Gear

Nevada FCFS Virtually Dead for NRs

I like this. Is lazy for a state F&G to not run a series of draws as tags are returned. Rewarding techies with high bandwidth access that write bots to grab tags is the stupidest, most lazy "fair" system. You can offer to the next person in line or hold a weekly draw for tags turned in the prior week. When are within 7 days of a season start then can shift to a daily draw for those tags where the tag pool is publicized at Noon then can apply until Midnight then results the following day at 10am.

You have to ask who supported the the FCFS approach and why? Is chaotic and if you drive a truck for a job or work on an assembly line then good luck trying to succeed vs. the person sitting at a desk.

There’s no net gain or loss for either group under this system.
Based on the original draw allocation that is correct. Based on the number of tags NRs have been getting via the fcfs system the last 2 years its a loss for NRs. Not arguing that it’s right or wrong. just noting that it is a major change.

Based on the original draw allocation that is correct. Based on the number of tags NRs have been getting via the fcfs system the last 2 years its a loss for NRs. Not arguing that it’s right or wrong. just noting that it is a major change.
So the new system makes it as fair as it can for FCFS.

Thanks for starting this thead now I understand. I saw this in proclamation and was confused by the language.

It seems reasonable to keep us separate by residency rather than 1 large pool. Agreed weekly draws rather than FCFS
Anyone else see this? This really devalues the system, and basically kills it for nonresidents. Residents are going to enjoy it.

I have benefited from FCFS before but heres the correct way to handle it: NO REFUND, if you draw in initial draw your card is hit, points are lost and waiting periods begin. Only person that can request a refund is the trustee of your estate. How much money is wasted in adminstration of all these turn-in/reissue tags programs that people purposefully take advantage of.

I have benefited from FCFS before but heres the correct way to handle it: NO REFUND, if you draw in initial draw your card is hit, points are lost and waiting periods begin. Only person that can request a refund is the trustee of your estate. How much money is wasted in adminstration of all these turn-in/reissue tags programs that people purposefully take advantage of.
I hate the turn back in for any reason. I'm ok with death, medical or military.

If you applied for it, and don't have a medical, death or military excuse, hunt it. No scouting then turning it in. If you have a conflict, consider that before applying for overlapping hunts.

At least Nevada takes the points with the leftovers. Colorado should do that too.
CO point creep would be lessened if points go away for a species when get a tag for that species. Landowner tag, lose points. Auction or raffle tag, lose points. Draw tag with any choice in any draw, lose points. I can hunt bull elk every year in CO while building points. Same with deer. Want to reduce OTC pressure? Require points be used.

It’s totally reasonable, and a good thing they did it, but man I liked it the way it was, selfishly. I could’ve snag several pretty good deer tags last year, and I have a friend that snagged an excellent elk tag.

I am bummed about this , but I get it (seems fair). There was a guy that was super obnoxious on multiple threads last year complaining about the non res (guess he got his way). Regarding CO, I still like this better than the CO system. I wish Colorado would do random tag drops like NV, instead of the weekly drop. The CO weekly drop is a s%$t show (specially when you are competing on who gets their credit card info faster). If CO purged points on returned tags it would likely solve a bunch a point issues. Just my opinion (everyone has one).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back