Yeti GOBOX Collection

nevada draw

SandyCreek

when do they usually post results for nevada? I got my utah email this morning and was confused as all hell for a quick minute since it was from nevada in the header..the early morning pre coffee fog got me

Last edited:
Yeah, that was really strange. I didn't apply for Nevada and regretted it, and when that email came through I was excited that maybe I actually had, and forgot. Then I was trying to figure out how I was going to explain that to my wife!

Utahs draw is handled by Systems Consultants in NV. There are a few other states they do also. NV draw results are usually posted the end of May, this year we went to a new system though so results might not be out until June 8th.

I contacted NDOW and the actual draw will be on May 23rd. Their exact words were: The big game draw will be May 23 with tag results being posted to accounts by the close of business May 25. You will also be emailed your results to the email you have on file. I'll still be on their site trying to figure out how to get my results sooner, if there's a way? The one thing that sucks, is I don't believe that we can look up our family and friends results anymore without knowing their personal info. That's something that I really enjoyed doing! :confused:

I contacted NDOW and the actual draw will be on May 23rd. Their exact words were: The big game draw will be May 23 with tag results being posted to accounts by the close of business May 25. You will also be emailed your results to the email you have on file. I'll still be on their site trying to figure out how to get my results sooner, if there's a way? The one thing that sucks, is I don't believe that we can look up our family and friends results anymore without knowing their personal info. That's something that I really enjoyed doing! :confused:
i noticed that you can't look up where people draw anymore.. which is fine

Nevada results usually come out at the end of May each year. I watched a live broadcast of the ndow commission board meeting here in reno and I guess one of the reasons the new system won't allow people to see other's tag results was to prevent possible hazing by certain advocacy groups. This was mentioned at least. Wasn't aware that this was such an issue. Seeing friends and family members draw results is half the fun. Wish they wouldn't have changed it up.

I've never heard of any such hazing or harassment in regards to Nevada's system. I suspect it is more likely that the new company is cheaper for NDOW to use and it's more work to post all the info for everyone to view.

I don't see why the info needs to be kept secret. I always liked looking up friends and family and seeing what they drew.

For hunters with a public-facing brand then is best to keep a low profile. Jimmy John's CEO catches hell. Loses business that would not lose if was such a lightning rod. He does not get enough extra business as a hunter to make up for the loss when boycotted. Another concern is you basically saying I will be on a hunt Sept 5-14 so will not be at my home then.

Security is no big deal until it is a big deal for you personally. You win a lottery, you share a name with a bad person just showing up in news reports, someone you fire makes up a story about how terrible you are and what you did to them, etc, and overnight people are threatening you and your family and your business and anyone linked to you on social media or through an internet search. Then they start asking all those people to denounce you or they threaten them. This happens everyday when a name pops up in the news about a school shooting, a sex case, an airplane incident, etc.

I don't see why the info needs to be kept secret. I always liked looking up friends and family and seeing what they drew.
That's too bad. I really liked looking up to see who drew what tags. A lot of friends did too. Too bad there isn't just an option to opt out if you want and leave the rest of us in.

Wow, quite the jump in some of the rifle mule deer antlered tags!

That could mean good news for some non-res hunters.
Like they keep saying "you can't draw if you don't apply" no matter the odds.
Good luck to those of you who did apply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back