MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Nevada draw who is applying?

I will not be likely to apply until they drastically change their system or I have a drastic chance finances. It’s just way to much money to invest and watch my odds actually get worse year after year due to squared points placing the guy in front of me farther and farther ahead with each passing year. Their system will eventually implode.

Wouldn't miss it for anything. I'm on the waiting list for a few species but will still throw my name in the hat for the others. I look forward to the Nevada draw more than any other state. Good luck to all who apply!

I will not be likely to apply until they drastically change their system or I have a drastic chance finances. It’s just way to much money to invest and watch my odds actually get worse year after year due to squared points placing the guy in front of me farther and farther ahead with each passing year. Their system will eventually implode.

Same here. The cost is just too high to see my odds drop every year. My money is better spent elsewhere. Good luck to all who apply, you can thank me for giving you little better odds!

Same here. The cost is just too high to see my odds drop every year. My money is better spent elsewhere. Good luck to all who apply, you can thank me for giving you little better odds!

I agree. Stopped a little over 10 years ago - to think I would have over 2k into their system and most likely still wouldn’t have drawn a tag by now.. if I didn’t have kids and a mortgage along with disposable income I’d be all over it, but for me, I had to prioritize my hunting dollars/budget - good luck to those that are in though!

I'm on the waiting list for bull elk and antelope, but I'll be applying for just about everything else. NV has been good to my family and I the past few years.

I'm on the waiting list for bull elk and antelope, but I'll be applying for just about everything else. NV has been good to my family and I the past few years.

To be on two wait lists I’d say so! Congrats!

Never applied there, but have always wanted to hunt NV.

Of course the glory elk tags would be great but I feel like that raffle ticket is not a good value for the non-refundable amount. Probably how Idaho is for NR’s.

Does NV seem to have some mid tier hunts (300” bulls, 165” bucks) that one could expect to draw in 3-7 years? That’s what I love about WY, seems like they have something for everyone.

Reactions: RBC
Does NV seem to have some mid tier hunts (300” bulls, 165” bucks) that one could expect to draw in 3-7 years? That’s what I love about WY, seems like they have something for everyone.

Bucks yes, bulls—good luck.

Seriously? I don’t ever buy a point, don’t buy the license unless I draw, pick units you have a 10% chance to draw, look at other weapon chances. I also only put in for deer..... $14 lol I’ve applied twice and have drawn 1 tag, and had a great hunt.
Matt

Seriously? I don’t ever buy a point, don’t buy the license unless I draw, pick units you have a 10% chance to draw, look at other weapon chances. I also only put in for deer..... $14 lol I’ve applied twice and have drawn 1 tag, and had a great hunt.
Matt

You have to buy a hunting license to apply. Am I missing something? That’s $155, plus the $16 app fee for elk. As a non-res the highest odds elk hunt in the whole state was .19%. At .19% the odds of me drawing that hunt at least once over a 20 year period are 3.7%. That would be $3420 in applications without even considering tag price. Obviously the odds improve as you gain points, but the “easy” to draw elk tags in the system were still around 20-30% at 15pts. If I didn’t get plenty of mule deer hunting elsewhere it might suck me in. There are some 10%+ hunts for archery mule deer, and some rifle hunts over 1% that start getting Hugh odds by 10pts. As a rifle hunter who is happy to hunt mule deer in three other states, applying in Nevada is a very expensive gamble.

I’m in but grouchy about it. A lot of my draw strategy revolves around sheep. NV gives out the most desert sheep tags. That gets me in the door and then it’s a no-brainer to add the other species. I figure I’ll randomly pull a decent deer, elk, or antelope tag sometime in the next 30 years.

You have to buy a hunting license to apply. Am I missing something? That’s $155, plus the $16 app fee for elk. As a non-res the highest odds elk hunt in the whole state was .19%. At .19% the odds of me drawing that hunt at least once over a 20 year period are 3.7%. That would be $3420 in applications without even considering tag price. Obviously the odds improve as you gain points, but the “easy” to draw elk tags in the system were still around 20-30% at 15pts. If I didn’t get plenty of mule deer hunting elsewhere it might suck me in. There are some 10%+ hunts for archery mule deer, and some rifle hunts over 1% that start getting Hugh odds by 10pts. As a rifle hunter who is happy to hunt mule deer in three other states, applying in Nevada is a very expensive gamble.

Negative.... New Mexico and a few other states you do, I have my deer license application in my cart right now for Nevada and it’s $14 bucks. Waiting for NM return than I will put my Nevada deer tag application in. If you want a point than you have to buy the license, I don’t, I put in for decent chance deer tags. Remember you always have a chance in Nevada even with 0 points.
Matt

Reactions: LCH
Unless I pull something sweet from NM, I'll be in for most everything.

You have to buy a license to apply. If you don’t draw you may remit your license back for a refund however in that case you also are not awarded bonus points.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back