Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nevada Archery Mule Deer

Oak,

It works fine with mummy bags, though I'll admit I've never tried it with a super lofty bag like a -20, partly because if I'm using a -20 bag, liquid water shouldn't be an issue.

With rectangular bags I could see one being large enough not to fit, but its design intentions are pretty much 180 from most rectangular bags, so I can see why Rab wouldn't go out of their way to accommodate them.

I don't recommend it to people (myself included), but I did take this bivy as my only shelter on a backpack hunt last year, and got rained on all night, and stayed dry. Thats probably what really sold me on this particular option.

Carl

From having shooting troubles because of your wrist to taking two pope and young animals in two weeks I think you are having an awesome season. Congratulations on a solid buck!

Thanks Spitz. I should really give some credit to those who helped me find a way to deal with that tremor problem.

Gabe out at Big Sky Archery was a huge help. He spent so much time, during his busiest time of year, working with me to get the release and grip just perfect in a manner that took most the strain off my wrist and arm, reducing the tremor affect. If you are in SW MT, stop by their shop. They are great guys with great information. If you need something, they can probably take a phone order and get it to you. 406-388-0503.

The folks at Black Gold Sights, RipCord Arrow Rest, TightSpot Quivers also spent a lot of time helping me with my new bow setup. They loaded it up with the best stuff they had and made sure everything was working perfectly with the new Bowtech. I know how busy they are, but that company "speaks the language" better than any guys around, so having them help with this tremor problem has been a huge help.

These are American-made companies with the best products and best customer service in the business. If you are in the market for a new bow, I would strongly suggest you consider loading it up with their sights, rests, and quivers.

I was worried about these hunts, given how bad my tremor had worsened in the last year. This deer was drilled at 62 yards, a shot I would not have been willing to try just six weeks ago. I now have two more archery hunts ahead of me and with the setup I know have, I feel very capable of making any reasonable shot.

Randy, what's the next hunt on the schedule?

Arizona early rifle elk. My Uncle Larry, AZRED, who was in two of the episodes from Season One, drew the tag as an AZ resident. From there I hop the border and go to NM for archery elk.

BF, you are living the dream! I know it is a lot of work/money/time but you are doing a great job! Thanks for letting us tag along on the hunts!

Seeing the picture of your crew, it is pretty typical of folks who like to hunt Nevada. Since the Draw odds for many of the areas are so long, if you want to get to know an area, you almost have to "team up " with other hunters to support them for when you do draw a tag.

My Nevada hunt last year was one of those deals where 6 guys apply every year, and everyone goes if one of them draws a tag. They all partner on Gear and Horses, and support one another in the hunt.

Nice going Randy on a fabulous buck. I hope if you had some down time in Elko you were able to capture some of the "Buckaroo Culture" of the Western Folklife center, and the Northern Nevada Museum. And of Course, a Picon Punch at the Star in Elko or the Martin Hotel in Winnemucca is a required evening aperatif with Lambchops......

I love that pic Randy and keep looking at it. I want a buck like that of my very own!! Season opens in three more days here in ND and it's killing me.

I also have some NV deer points burning a hole in my pocket. I sense they will get used in the near future.

Being at work sucks!

Way to seal the deal Randy! Sounds like this hunt is going to make for some great TV next season.

Man, I have do out of town missing all the excitment! Great job on a great looking buck. way to go! I will try and post some pictures of a whitetail I shot while I was out of town. It is that time of year. Congrats again Randy.

Awesome

Congratulations! Thats an awesome buck and great story! I will be living vicariously through you guys, since I didn't get a tag this year :(

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for shooting the last good buck in Nevada. I can't believe how you can find so many shooter bucks when everyone knows NV is just a barren wasteland devoid of anything bigger than a jackrabbit. So, everyone out there remember that Randy's success is a fluke so don't bother comming to my stomping grounds - er - NE NV cuz there just ain't nothin here.

Congrats on a great buck! Getting the gear together for the muzzleloader season next week so this really gets the juices flowing. If you didn't have time this hunt make sure you celebrate the adventure at one of the Basque restaurants in town; either the ribeye w/ extra garlic at Biltoki"s or baked lamb at the Star. Either will replace the lost calories from the hunt with plenty left over.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back