Nevada 181-184 pronghorn tag

ballmon

Drew a 2010 unit 18 Nevada antelope tag and wondering if anyone had any advice they would care to share. I'm vaguely familiar with unit 184 and plan on hunting it mostly. Checked NDOW website and most of the bucks have come out of it anyway. It borders unit 17 where I've drawn deer tags before and again this year. The NDOW website statistics for last year were 54% for 15" or better horns (the best tag I've drawn on paper). It's been 9 years since my last NV. ant. tag and I want to hold out for something good. I drew a 2010 UT. muzzleloader ant. tag as well so I want to hunt for a big one. Have a few in the 14"-14 1/2" range (low to mid 70's) and want to try and get up towards 80" or a really trashy looking nontypical would trump all. The weirder the better. There used to be one up on Austin Summit that had one horn growing down the side of his face (nice). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome. I have not hunted that unit. I know some of the NV guys on the site are out deer scouting or deer hunting this weekend. Hope one of them might be able to give you some ideas.

Hope you find a big one and an ugly one.

I am a nerd and stayed up all night to find out I just drew this 181 Antelope Tag in Nevada. How was your hunt? I hope you found what you were looking for? Were there many animals or big and ugly ones?

I am a nerd and stayed up all night to find out I just drew this 181 Antelope Tag in Nevada. How was your hunt? I hope you found what you were looking for? Were there many animals or big and ugly ones?

Doubt you will hear from him, he hasn’t logged in since Sep 5, 2011. Congrats on the tag though.

Doubt you will hear from him, he hasn’t logged in since Sep 5, 2011. Congrats on the tag though.
Thanks a bunch! I well if anyone knows anything!!! Haha I already marked some spots on OnX... I live a few hours away and will have to put some boots on the ground and lay some human tracks!!

Thanks a bunch! I well if anyone knows anything!!! Haha I already marked some spots on OnX... I live a few hours away and will have to put some boots on the ground and lay some human tracks!!

Congrats! I live in Fallon if you need a scouting buddy or have questions. I'll need to know ahead of time..we're smack dab in the middle of 3d season right now.

Reactions: 6x7
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back