Nevada 151, 153 & 156 antelope

Mattlunt1987

Hi everyone,

I've been lucky enough to draw a tag for horns shorter than ears pronghorn in 151, 153 & 156 (ALW 8-24 September) in my first year of applying.

I moved to Nevada from the UK with the military and feel very fortunate to be able to take advantage of the fantastic opportunities you have to hunt incredible animals on public land.

I'd be very grateful for any general advice you have to give me the best chance of success in these units. I'm not afraid of hard work (in fact I'd prefer to work for it rather than just pulling off the side of a road), and I'm not concerned with finding a huge animal...as I say, I just want the best chance of filling my tag and enjoying a new adventure in this great state.

Thank you all very much.

Fun tag. I have 5 of those tags between my family to fill this year. This type of tag is generally a 2 day hunt depending on how close you want to get to them. I try and get real close. Take the time to drive the unit and get familiar with the boundaries and terrain before the hunt and it will make it so much easier during the hunt. I have been in that area plenty but will likely go drive it one time prior to the hunt as I am the designated guide for the family. PM me if you have specific questions. Maybe I will see you out there scouting or hunting and we can swap hunting stories. Good Luck.

Should be a fun hunt. I have had that trash in the past and we got both on the first day within 50yds of each other. Just take time and enjoy the new country and have fun. Nevada has plenty of antelope and you should have no problem filling the tags. Shoot straight and have fun.

Hi everyone,

I've been lucky enough to draw a tag for horns shorter than ears pronghorn in 151, 153 & 156 (ALW 8-24 September) in my first year of applying.

I moved to Nevada from the UK with the military and feel very fortunate to be able to take advantage of the fantastic opportunities you have to hunt incredible animals on public land.

I'd be very grateful for any general advice you have to give me the best chance of success in these units. I'm not afraid of hard work (in fact I'd prefer to work for it rather than just pulling off the side of a road), and I'm not concerned with finding a huge animal...as I say, I just want the best chance of filling my tag and enjoying a new adventure in this great state.

Thank you all very much.
How was your hunt? Have the tag this year.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all very much.
Welcome to the US good luck, have fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back