Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

need some search help on meals

Actually, I think the Alpine Aire meals are pretty decent. No better or worse then Mountain House, just different.
Oh I totally disagree. Alpine Aire was tasteless cardboard compared to mountain house

I haven't had any I've thought were particularly good. I made the mistake of bad food on my last trip. Jerky, cliff bars, and mountain house was pretty much it. I was sick of all of it after 2 days. This time I loaded up on pogey bait to mix in when everything else sucks. Cheese its, pringles, club crackers and ez cheese, snickers. Also threw in a couple bundles of bananas apples and pears. Between the snacks and the fruit I'm thinking the dehydrated meals will be much more welcome this trip.

Id gladly carry a few extra pounds of good food that I know I’ll like and eat anyday. A variety is sure a lifesaver also. Pop tarts are another delicious snack I took this year.

2 things I took for food this last time around that I really liked:
1. Tuna creations, chicken creations, salmon creations etc. One for each day of the hunt.
2. Bagels. One for each day of the hunt.
Combined they were great for a quick breakfast.

1 thing I always take is an apple for each day. It’s nice to have something fresh that isn’t from a wrapper.

Bagels and apples take up lots of space, but they are going again for sure.

Those thin packaged, multi flavored, "Tuna Creations", @slatebuilder , are a constant for my packing. Straight protein. A quality snack.
If I feel like splurging, I'll take a mini log of summer sausage and a few sticks of string cheese. A bite from each is a snack from the Gods... The mini sausages are a bit heavy though there are always a few exceptions to the weight packing rule.

Regarding camp food for packing... I really don't mind Mountain House. Sure Chicken & Rice, Stroganoff and Chili Mac may be repetitive though, still taste pretty darn good after a long hike.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back