Need some help with scopes.

Brent11!

I just bought a 6.5 Creedmoor it has an EZ Tap scope on it and ive never heard of them. I looking for a good scope need help.

What type of hunting, i.e. species/region/style? How experienced are you as a shooter? Budget?

Oklahoma and whitetail and flat and hill terrain and I have some experience but not alot right now.

I have replaced 3 scopes with Leopold vx3i’s over the last couple years. They really seem to hit the sweet spot between good glass and a fair price. This time of year they are running sales and you can pick one up for about $300.

I have replaced 3 scopes with Leopold vx3i’s over the last couple years. They really seem to hit the sweet spot between good glass and a fair price. This time of year they are running sales and you can pick one up for about $300.
Alright thanks im go look right now.

I'll pile on and say you can't go wrong with a Leupold. I will say it's worth saving a few bucks and really getting some quality glass, although even Leupold's lowest line products will be great. Personally, I would want at least 3-9x mag for your country, preferably out to 12x

I know this is a very Leupold centered forum but I have been using a Vortex Rage 5-20x50. Has adjustable turret caps and a lifetime warranty. It's a little more expensive coming in at like $800 when I bought it but imo it was worth every penny. I spent more with the intention of shooting further ranges. a 4-12 to a 4-16 is plenty but it's your choice!

I bought a VX3i scope from @schmalts this summer and have been VERY happy with it. Can’t imagine needing anything more for the distance (less than 200 yards) and caliber (.450 Bushmaster) that I’m using it for. Highly recommend.

I personally run vortex as well. Can’t beat it. Leupold is just as good, though. IMO

I’d agree with the many above. Hard to beat the leupold and the gold ring warranty as well.
Plus they will customize them any way you like as far as reticle and adjustments.

I've had bad scopes before and its probably the most frustrating issue in shooting. Get a Leupold

I tend to dial a lot for the ranges I hunt at in the west. I use SWFA or Nightforce stuff these days. Not sure why my other post was deleted but those have been the two brands that track the best for me. And that is important to me.

I tend to dial a lot for the ranges I hunt at in the west. I use SWFA or Nightforce stuff these days. Not sure why my other post was deleted but those have been the two brands that track the best for me. And that is important to me.
It was deleted because you posted links to other sales places. Read the rules of this forum. You can talk about any product positive or negative but do NOT post links to other websites, Web stores, auction sites. This place gets hit with spam and people trying to plug their widgets they make and sell and It gets out of hand so it is easier to just delete anything with links associated with non-partners and web stores. This forum is made possible by those who sponsor here so it is just helping them help us. Again, talk all you want, just draw the line with outside links when it comes to products and sales.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back