Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Need some advice on HD 310-20

wingman1

Some out of state friends called me today and wanted some advice on the best unit in montana for elk. I told them I thought it would be 310-20. I told them if they could draw it that it would be a piece of cake to kill a monster. I also told them it is the hardest tag in the state to draw. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? They said they got all fired up over all the big montana bulls on the web and need to start planning soon!

With the worst draw odds in the state, you could probably just tell them to forget about it all together :confused:

Depends on what you consider "best". Since I've only got one 5 point to my name, the best unit for me is the easiest one to draw that gives me the best opportunity to track down a respectable 6 pointer and not fight a thousand other hunters for it while giving me a chance to run into a muley or two in an area with plenty of access. If I remember correctly, residents have less than 1% chance of drawing 310, so I doubt I'd let my nonresident buddies get too excited about that section.

Wingman, send them to the elkhorns instead. If there are any guarantees to kill a giant, its probably there.

I suppose this years slaughter due to a once in 20 year weather break is going to get every non resident in the country thinking they will just stroll to Montana and kill big bulls:)

At least now their odds of drawing will be nearly 100% :)

Actually, i take that back, i think you should send them where you were hunting:):):) Hell you could probably charge them some good plane fuel money to drop them off.;)

I was thinking the same thing. Wings spot has bigger elk than 310 plus a scenic flight. Critter I'm thinking you're going to have all kinds of company the next couple of years. Seems everyone is talking about it and I guess they are going to be chasing the ghosts of last year.:rolleyes:

Too much work where I go for them. They want easy, tame orange cheeto lipped bulls that see people on a daily basis. Besides where I hunt its mostly rag horns with bad genetics.

Last edited:
They only give out 5 tags in 310-20 anyways.

I'm not positive, but i dont' think they give any NR tags for that unit anyway.

If anyone thinks they will be keeping me company, they won't be anywhere near 310:):)

Plus, i got me a plane lined out, i know where we are all headed next year:):)LOL

I'm not positive, but i dont' think they give any NR tags for that unit anyway.

If anyone thinks they will be keeping me company, they won't be anywhere near 310:):)

Plus, i got me a plane lined out, i know where we are all headed next year:):)LOL

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Maybe you and your plane could teach me a thing or two. Lol :rolleyes::)

Did you get a chance to post any of your big ones yet?? If its got to be over 400 typical to get your attention...I guess you dont get to use your attention much....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back