Need recommendations for low budget binos

The kid showed desire and ability to do the right thing saving. Why not either help him with cash or loan a little to him on a payback plan. Sounds like a good kid. This might be a chance to reward or teach him something

Wow!!
Budget for kids today are very different from when I was a kid! :D

Heck, i still balk at spending over $200 on binos.

I bought Vortex Raptors 8X32 about 6 years ago for $130ish.
Still have and use them quite often.
I do like the adjustability of the eye pieces for finding the right distance whether wearing glasses or not.

As the title states I am looking for recommendations for a low budget binocular for my 11 year old son. He's saved up some money and wants to upgrade from the cheapies I gave him to use. I have a set of vortex vipers and he really likes them but he doesn't have enough saved up for them. We looked at a pair of diamondback hd's that he likes. Anything he buys will be better than the cheapies he has now lol but are the diamondbacks the best bang for buck in that price range or should we be checking out some other lines?

For certain, buy used. Glass does not wear out from looking through it. Ebay is your friend here.

I have a couple pairs of Nikon Monarchs that I like a lot for not much money used. Leicas are my good glass, but too heavy for most folks.

The kid showed desire and ability to do the right thing saving. Why not either help him with cash or loan a little to him on a payback plan. Sounds like a good kid. This might be a chance to reward or teach him something
He is a good kid but he's also already pretty spoiled in other things. He's gotta learn that sometimes you can't have everything you want and that some things just take time. He does help work on his car and maintain it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1685313033289.jpg
    FB_IMG_1685313033289.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 26
He is a good kid but he's also already pretty spoiled in other things. He's gotta learn that sometimes you can't have everything you want and that some things just take time. He does help work on his car and maintain it.
That’s awesome, man hobbies have gotten expensive!

My buddy Jimmy felt the same way and used that same spoiled word. Little Jimmy is a good kid, def spoiled by some peoples definition but he’s not spoiled. He expects nothing and appreciates everything. He’s in my mind fortunate… folks can help him. He just turned 18, he was saving for an over under. Good ones are expensive. He was almost there, was all ready to buy it when grandpa gave him one.
He didn’t expect that and appreciates it. As stated you could always offer a payment plan. It’d be his money, you’d only be helping him achieve it himself. Next idea is tell him it might be best if he squirrels a little more away. You do as you see fit. Seems you’re doing everything right. Offering considerations only. God bless your family brother. Need more like ya

As the title states I am looking for recommendations for a low budget binocular for my 11 year old son. He's saved up some money and wants to upgrade from the cheapies I gave him to use. I have a set of vortex vipers and he really likes them but he doesn't have enough saved up for them. We looked at a pair of diamondback hd's that he likes. Anything he buys will be better than the cheapies he has now lol but are the diamondbacks the best bang for buck in that price range or should we be checking out some other lines?
must check sale online there are many sellers with best deals.

Celestron Nature DX
They do not get advertised in the hunting community but bird watchers know a little about glass. They are light weight and great glass and can be found at budget pricing.

Start them out right! Lol I would pick a 8 x 30 size because it's easier for them to handle.

Attachments

• IMG_20161125_165515476.jpg
    IMG_20161125_165515476.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
Check Costco, every now and again they have the diamondbacks on sale for like $130, they also has some zeiss terra HD 10x42 for $350 I think ?

8x42 Burris HD on Amazon right now for $187

02995B1E-4E51-4045-A084-0EDEB5012BD5.jpegDon’t let them borrow your 8x razors, you’ll never get them back!

As others have said I would look at used.

I’m not a Vortex fan for my own uses, but those newer diamondback HDs are actually pretty damn decent for the price you can get them for. If I were in your shoes that’s probably what I would buy in some 8x42s. The warranty aspect means a little more with a kid using them as well.

I have a pair of Athlon Argos G2 UHD and they’re fantastic. They are pretty pricey, but Athlon has some cheaper pairs that could be good for you.

i have a pile of the 6x30 leupolds that were like 69.00 maybe 99.00 now, they are suprising good, every truck gets a pair, kids and grand kids, i use them turkey hunting and coyote hunting alot, small and lightweight and great clarity and briteness,,, and i have some high end binos also,,,

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back