Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Need a little advice.

webejmn

Well it seems after leaving a blank check with a friend I became the proud owner of a Browning X bolt in 300 Win mag. Went to a good cause,Farmer in the Dell. My dilemma is I have a new Burris 3x9x40 fullfield ll scope I was going to put on it. Do you guys that's enough scope? I also know I'm going to have, or should use the 4 screw rings/bases for this. This scope has the hash marks for extended range but they are just marks. No help with windage. I kinda want to play with some long range shooting with this rifle but still use it for hunting. Suggestions? Thanks!

It really depends on your intended use of the .300.
I know some will disagree with me, but 9 times out of 10, a 3X9 will be more then enough scope.

Pick your intended game/target, and your maximum range, then you can make an informed decision.

Elk & Mule deer up to 400 yards, no problem.
Coues deer at 600 yards, I would wants a bigger scope.
Targets shooting and plinking at extended range, bigger scope.

On the other hand, it sounds like a good excuse to buy a nice, new scope.
(come on, you know you NEED a new Zeiss HD5, 3X15)

Ok thanks, think I'll try the Burris I have. The Zeiss would be nice but just not in budget right now. Now to find rings as Browning is out and doesn't know if they are getting standard height rings back in.
Then on to load development. Going to be a busy fall!
Again thanks for the advice. Joe

I have that exact scope on my Remington 700 .300. Never had a problem with it. You will do just fine.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back