Nebraska “slam” attempt

Break in the big game action. My son reads every piece of hunting literature he can. He knows when every Nebraska season opens so I finally took him out chasing squirrels with his cousin. We took .22s this morning and killed 1. They opted for shotguns this afternoon and got 3. Hopefully we get a few more in the morning. @Gellar posted an Asian zing squirrel recipe a few months ago, so I’m gonna steal it. There may be something good come out of Iowa yet. 😂5F1585E7-8BFF-4889-BA28-79319BBA91C2.jpeg

Break in the big game action. My son reads every piece of hunting literature he can. He knows when every Nebraska season opens so I finally took him out chasing squirrels with his cousin. We took .22s this morning and killed 1. They opted for shotguns this afternoon and got 3. Hopefully we get a few more in the morning. @Gellar posted an Asian zing squirrel recipe a few months ago, so I’m gonna steal it. There may be something good come out of Iowa yet. 😂View attachment 233955
I’d say it’s a fool proof recipe but then again you are from Nebraska.

After only getting 3/10th of an inch of rain since June 1st we got 5.5” last night. Normally this wouldn’t be good and would cause some flooding. But, as dry as we were the creeks are not hardly up, and barely muddy. It’s too late to save most of the corn, I even saw a couple guys picking yesterday, but it should help the soybean crop. A usual 5” rain would at least put this creek up to the top of the banks. It may be up 6”.ECEC0D28-29E9-455D-BDA2-2F0C11A8E102.jpeg

2 weeks out, practicing with my bow last night and boom, it came apart. Better now than in 2 weeks I guess. The bow shop I usually use I knew was closing down, they’re located about 50 miles NW of me in west Omaha. Turns out they’re moving to a town 15 miles north of me so I got it dropped off last night, should be back in business by Friday. It’s a 12yo Matthews Z7, last restrung in 2015 I probably should’ve had it restrung anyway.

I'm a Nebraskan too and we shoot the same bow. Were basically best friends now:ROFLMAO:. I'll follow along and wish you some luck!

The whole nebraska hates iowa and vice versa thing is like when you’re in high school and the town/team from 20 minutes away are total shit bags living in a shit town. Any outsider looking at it could see the towns are identically shitty. I say this having lived in Iowa, Nebraska, and Illinois. Illinois is shittier hands down.

The whole nebraska hates iowa and vice versa thing is like when you’re in high school and the town/team from 20 minutes away are total shit bags living in a shit town. Any outsider looking at it could see the towns are identically shitty. I say this having lived in Iowa, Nebraska, and Illinois. Illinois is shittier hands down.
In Wisconsin, we refer to that whole region as being equal - from about Gordon to Souix Falls to Chicago down to Springfield over to Kearney and back to Gordon. If you live there, you all are regretting either your life decisions or your parents :)

The reason the neighboring schools hated us was because we were banging all the hot chicks from their school. I suspect that’s the same with Nebraskans hating Iowans. 😂 of course I kid…kind of.

In Wisconsin, we refer to that whole region as being equal - from about Gordon to Souix Falls to Chicago down to Springfield over to Kearney and back to Gordon. If you live there, you all are regretting either your life decisions or your parents :)
There is ZERO reasoning behind stopping at Chicago and not extending to the truest of sh!tholes... Gary IN.

Last edited:
Back