Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

ND Landowner blows up on young waterfowlers

Useless title to that article. Basically details the events and then says we won't know about any charges until next week. Both could be charged, one side or the other could be charged, neither could be charged. Real helpful there Grandforks Herald

Feels like there’s a better chance of charges with it being turned over to the Eddy Co state’s attorney.

Feels like there’s a better chance of charges with it being turned over to the Eddy Co state’s attorney.
I believe that is SOP when one party wants to press charges. It's not handing it over completely, it's the states attorney working with the Game and fish to proceed through the case.

Reactions: Oak
This video is a prime example of how landowners, farmers, and ranchers are still put on a pedestal and are of a different class in much of the country still. This guy thinks he is something special just because he owns the corn field. Unquestionably he should have been stuffed and cuffed right on the spot. He was very aggressive and this would have escalated if the kids were not so level headed. The rancher plus class system gets old. It’s no wonder a large swath of the “common” folk hate them. The prescribed burn boss is another example of law enforcement Justice system catering to the rancher/landowner class and corner crossing is also for that matter.

The guys I used to hunt ND for waterfowl with would have made that old farmer cry from verbal abuse. It would have got very ugly.

Calm collected smart kid that documented entire encounter with GP. Interesting "Jeff" landowner is either clueless or arrogant beyond what he demonstrated in ignoring he was being videoed. I personally applaud this young man's character throughout this debacle which will add credence to their side of story.

Theres two scenarios here that make this a bit more....complex.

1. The North Dakota section line law. This law opens a 33 ft public right of way on each side of a section line (even if both sides are posted). I'm not sure if this happened on a section line or not. The angry guy in the video said it wasn't but I don't know.

But saying the hunters were trespassing sure doesnt seem to pass the smell test.

Update.
Much to my surprise, it looks like the landowner is being charged with 3 misdemeanors. I'm also hearing one of the hunters is being charged with criminal trespass because he was told not to go near Jeff's land, but did so anyway (hard to believe that's going to hold up in court).
1667502748015.png

1667502761313.png

Attachments

• 1667502723844.png
    1667502723844.png
    44 KB · Views: 5
I can see where this creates conflict between the two neighbors…

Reason to not let them back to hunt sure.

Bad situation all around really.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back