ND Landowner blows up on young waterfowlers

I didn’t even have to watch the videos, just the look of that guy and everyones’s comments is enough. Sadly, one inner takeaway that I feel more and more often as the years go by is that if all hunting were to end tomorrow, theres a lot of things about it these days that I wouldn’t miss at all.

I once left lawn clippings about 2 feet onto the neighbors sidewalk, because I was tight on time and planned to clean them up the next day.
He confronted my wife before I got home, from a long day at work, proceeded to thrust a rake in my face when I got back.

This looks about how that went down. Suppressed rage so you don’t go to jail, no lessons learned for the bad guy, repeat.

You can’t put the fist of god on a guy, so now I just avoid people with no job,no hobbies, too much time on their hands (aka retired).

I once left lawn clippings about 2 feet onto the neighbors sidewalk, because I was tight on time and planned to clean them up the next day.
He confronted my wife before I got home, from a long day at work, proceeded to thrust a rake in my face when I got back.

This looks about how that went down. Suppressed rage so you don’t go to jail, no lessons learned for the bad guy, repeat.

You can’t put the fist of god on a guy, so now I just avoid people with no job,no hobbies, too much time on their hands (aka retired).
Easy fix, no neighbors.

Think this incident points out the problems with line hunting in general. Not excusing Jeff's horrible behavior, but if they had allowed a little more room from where they thought the property line was they'd be on much better standing legally right from the get go.

The CO probably would have zipped Jeff a biscuit right there. Especially since he's such a charming individual, probably would have really melted down, maybe even vapor locked.

Everybody looses a little when this stuff happens

My two cents

Last edited:
Think this incident points out the problems with line hunting in general. Not excusing Jeff's horrible behavior, but if they had allowed a little more room from where they thought the property line was they'd be on much better standing legally right from the get go.

The CO probably would have zipped Jeff a biscuit right there. Especially since he's such a charming individual, probably would have really melted down, maybe even vapor locked.

Everybody looses a little when this stuff happens

My two cents
Yup as a rule of thumb I don't hunt the edges unless there is a barrier like a river or creek there.

Nah, I think crazy Jeff would have found some way to harass them if they'd been a hundred yards from the boundary.

Whatever happened to the good old days when landowners were happy to see someone else have a good time? They stopped going to church and discovered money in their pocket was more important than leaving a legacy as a friendly person. My greatest fear is when I die (not far off) I will be doomed to walk the earth for eternity as a ghost and forced to watch humankind continue to flush themselves and God's creations down the drain. See stuff like this and it seems hopeless.

Crazy Jeff deserves what he got, but it's definitely evident now they weren't completely on the up-and-up. The trespassing charge isn't for touching the corn, its for hunting an area of the bean field they didn't have permission to hunt...specifically the property line.

Crazy Jeff deserves what he got, but it's definitely evident now they weren't completely on the up-and-up. The trespassing charge isn't for touching the corn, its for hunting an area of the bean field they didn't have permission to hunt...specifically the property line.
I kinda wonder about that. The two owners are related (cousins as I recall with same last name). Maybe that claim about instructing them to stay away from the property line was made to keep some peace in the family. Those kids didn't seem to be the type to go looking for trouble, especially not from the guy who graciously gave them permission to hunt.

Did I miss something....where does it say they got charged with trespass?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back