Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

ND HB 1151

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many folks from North Dakota on this site. Many of which participate and share stories of their hunting/fishing adventures, discuss tactics and stay up on all aspects related to conservation. I've made friends through this forum. The forum boss here runs a tight ship. I'm sure Vollmer is a nice guy but he doesn't do the level of moderation that is occurs here, therefore many of us prefer to hang out here.

You and @DGND like to make statements hoping to get a reaction from people so you can copy and paste it to another board to disparage guys like Brock and organizations like BHA. Facts don't really matter to you. I've seen you operate for enough years to know that's how you guys work.

I do love how BHA lives rent free in your and Dwight's heads.

Maybe you should do your own research.
Thanks to you as well for pointing out this is not a Mt specific thread

This is a public forum discussing a public issue in our state legislature being debated that will take away a hunting tool from thousands of people or return it through a vote

Sharing public information or statements in that debate is hardly something wrong

Its the internet😳 if you don’t want your comments or claims copied and pasted …on an issue being debated … don’t make them

Thanks to you as well for pointing out this is not a Mt specific thread

This is a public forum discussing a public issue in our state legislature being debated that will take away a hunting tool from thousands of people or return it through a vote

Sharing public information or statements in that debate is hardly something wrong

Its the internet😳 if you don’t want your comments or claims copied and pasted …on an issue being debated … don’t make them

Likewise

How are the data not correlating?
Well on the “ time” side graph we have no idea if it is days or decades and we have no idea of what “ prevalence” you are speaking of

I know it was an effort to be cute and all with the crayons but lets stick to actual data from here in ND and perhaps you could answer those 6 questions I posed regarding the two units

And then perhaps answer how many deer have been found dead in thecwild in the last 12 years in ND with CWD ?

Where are you getting 7.9%? That prevalence is reported in nothing that you’ve posted that I can see.
Aha. I see what you did there.

You do realize those are rates, and you can’t just add those together, right?

Well on the “ time” side graph we have no idea if it is days or decades and we have no idea of what “ prevalence” you are speaking of

I know it was an effort to be cute and all with the crayons but lets stick to actual data from here in ND and perhaps you could answer those 6 questions I posed regarding the two units

And then perhaps answer how many deer have been found dead in thecwild in the last 12 years in ND with CWD ?
no effort to be cute at all. The only tool I had at my disposal at the moment. Sorry it offended you. But it is accurately illustrating my point.

When you boys figure out how to do the math correctly, maybe we can have an actual discussion. Otherwise this is clearly pointless.

no effort to be cute at all. The only tool I had at my disposal at the moment. Sorry it offended you. But it is accurately illustrating my point.

When you boys figure out how to do the math correctly, maybe we can have an actual discussion. Otherwise this is clearly pointless.
It’s pointless cuz your looking at this through one lense - yours

Well perhaps doing the math correctly is combining all positives of both mule deer and white tail deer

Im truly am curious to see your answers to those questions I asked given you seem to have access to data sources

By the way it is 1

1 deer in 12 years that has been found in the wild dead with CWD

What does it take to be considered epidemic status ?

You are full of crap! I have never owned or been a moderator of any website or forum in my life. Try again, Dwight.

I watched your testimony to the House ENR committee. Not only do I not run a website I also don't work for the federal government or work to funnel federal dollars to BHA. Your tinfoil hat is on WAY too tight.
I wasn't planning on ever typing on this site, until:

Schism

Well-known member​

JoinedFeb 6, 2016Messages401LocationND
Hi Dwight, I know you're watching. 😘

Schism, you wrote that and blew a kiss. After I testified on HB 1151, the federal guy Dave, blew me a kiss. Sorry, thought you were Dave.

Last edited:
Where are you getting 7.9%? That prevalence is reported in nothing that you’ve posted that I can see
A0E4F2C4-1E2D-41CC-BEE0-60F1DBF3F685.jpeg
4523F938-F97B-4D65-A041-3A341C387AD9.jpeg
B391C40E-C8B0-41C8-A3A8-1C58C3725E44.jpeg
2020's
66C807F0-6E96-4037-8836-3B35B8C07A22.jpeg
2021 results

Those are pictures from the links I sent with the infection rates highlighted.. I didn't include a 2018 link becuase it was below 1%. The rest show infection rate of white tails and mule deer and break it down to each in 3f2. I added those together to get the numbers I posted.

Yes. The lens of math is super subjective 🙄how many tests were done in 3f2

How many positives were found

How many deer are in the unit

How many tests were done in 3A1

How many positives were found

How many deer are in the unit

Please provide that data if you can

Those are pictures from the links I sent with the infection rates highlighted.. I didn't include a 2018 link becuase it was below 1%. The rest show infection rate of white tails and mule deer and break it down to each in 3f2. I added those together to get the numbers I posted.

If I'm interpreting the reports correctly, your math doesn't make sense. Here's an imaginary situation with similar math- If 98% of republicans in North Dakota are Caucasian and 95% of Democrats in North Dakota are Caucasian, does that mean 193% of major political party affiliated North Dakotans are Caucasian?

If I'm interpreting the reports correctly, your math doesn't make sense. Here's an imaginary situation with similar math- If 98% of republicans in North Dakota are Caucasian and 95% of Democrats in North Dakota are Caucasian, does that mean 193% of major political party affiliated North Dakotans are Caucasian?
Yep yep. I did fast head math and goofed up. Give me a second to get my new graph uploaded

5D5F6E27-22AE-4440-83FF-A9097ED3B86B.jpeg
Sorry about that, Little more clear here.. But still showing a spike in both whitetails and mule deer estimated infected rates..

I'm guessing @Hunting Wife's graph was contrasting prevalence trend in 3A1 vs 3F2, can ya help is with one of those graphs too?

Where is @wllm when you need him anyway?
She never mentions 3a1 in the post about the graph.. But if she was her 3a1 line would have to jump from 0 to less than 2% to 6.9% in mule deer only over a 3 year period (again, mule deer frequency at bait piles is much lower then whitetails, plus for the years of the big spikes baiting restrictions were already in place).

She never mentions 3a1 in the post about the graph.. But if she was her 3a1 line would have to jump from 0 to less than 2% to 6.9% in mule deer only over a 3 year period (again, mule deer frequency at bait piles is much lower then whitetails, plus for the years of the big spikes baiting restrictions were already in place).
Yes, my crappy illustration was attempting to compare the two units. Apologies again, the only tool I had at the time. It’s more just a trend line to show the rate differences, not really a graph.

Short time period in 3a1 (don’t have the year of first detection, but it’s more recent than 3f2) jump to 6.9%, vs 12 year or whatever climb to 4.9%. Not sure how we are defining a “spike”, but that comparison gives me pause.

What’s different between those two areas? Well, unchecked CWD in SK comes to mind. No attempt to reduce risk factors, like baiting, in SK. Is it definitive? Of course not. But I think it’s interesting that the textbook case study for inferences made regarding baiting’s contribution to CWD increase (Saskatchewan) is located directly adjacent to the fastest-rising CWD prevalence area in ND.

Cwd to me is like the common cold . Yes some weak and elderly will get sick /die but 99.9% will be fine . It’s the other things we need to worry about . Ehd maybe comparable to the first round of Covid (just example) drought may be like influenzas . But my point is cwd isn’t a major worry to me . So using that as excuse is bs. I’m fine if the entire state went no baiting but not just pockets and then use cwd as an excuse that’s crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back