Caribou Gear

ND archery mule deer

2nasty4u

Just got home from my trip. This was mostly a scouting trip for a rifle mulie tag i hope to draw in the next couple years so success wasn't really a necessity, just a bonus. Not the biggest buck on the block but it was my first mule deer and a spot and stalk, also a first for me so I was pretty happy. 20171105_171255.jpg
I also shot a grouse, haven't shot one of them in like 15 years. 20171105_072202.jpg
It was pretty cold here in ND over the weekend, rain, sleet, and snow, with temps getting down to around 13 or somewhere in that ballpark, I was camping in my tent so that added to the fun.
Saw some beautiful country, parts of ND I've never seen.
20171105_151015.jpg
20171105_151000.jpg
20171104_141659.jpg
I also saw my first ND elk, really made me wish i had an elk tag, I keep sending in, I keep getting denied.
20171105_085216.jpg
Looked like a pretty darn good bull to me.
All in all pretty fun trip, about as much fun as a guy could handle for $30.

Awesome pics, nice buck. Idk, after watching Randy hunt the Dakotas, not sure if I'm crazy enough. Fortunately, I'm dumb enough lol. Definitely on my bucket list

Congrats! I grew up hunting with my dad down in the Badlands S. of Williston, ND. Awesome country love it there, to bad for the crap ton of people with the oil boom though.......
Matt

Awesome
I will be out there over Thanksgiving trying to fill my Mule deer tags

Congratulations looks like a fun hunt. I love being in the badlands. Been out 4 times so far this year scouting for my rifle tag. Have a few nice 1s spotted. Just waiting for next Wednesday to start hunting.

Congrats! I was north of you tent camping also! Closer to Grassy Butte. But no blood was shed in my adventure. Like you, saw some cool things. Saw a dandy bull on the ground. (Biggest ND bull I have ever seen). And then ran into a couple of these. I make this an annual trip. Look forward to it every year.P1020142.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back