NCAA Wrestling Championships

Thank you Max Dean for beating Martin.

Cassar slowed the match down and wrestled smartly. Great story and hopefully he can cap it off with a win against White tomorrow.

both unbelievable matches. I thought for sure Cassar was gonna loose to the Freshman. Dean just about made me cry! He wrestled the perfect match against an almost perfect opponent. Amazing heart and determination!

Gellar - on point so far.
Mueller was great, certainly surprised most, awesome pick.
Pumped for tomorrow, I’m a Cornell fan and have had yianni and max pegged.
Tomorrow looks like:
- Lee (Pokémon theme music)
- Suriano (upset)
- Yanni (cuz no one likes to say his name)
- Ashnault (he’s from jersey)
- Nolf (have you seen him wrestle)
- Vincenzo (he stuck Imar)
- Hall (he seems to like a grudge match)
- Dean (best coaching staff ever)
- Bo (he helps everyone up after he sticks them)
- Cassar (he’s from PSU)

Any HuntTalkers heading to Pittsburgh for NCAAs this year?

WAY TO GO JOE! GREAT COLLEGIATE WRESTLING CAREER!

PITTSBURGH – Redshirt senior Joey Goodhart of the Drexel wrestling team closed out his time at the 2019 NCAA Championships in Pittsburgh, Pa. from PPG Paints Arena on Friday afternoon. Goodhart was the only Dragon of Drexel's four NCAA qualifier to advance into the second day of competition. With a loss on Friday to Ohio State's Chase Singletary, Goodhart ends his collegiate career with a 102-51 record, good for 8th on Drexel's all-time career wins leaderboard.

WAY TO GO JOE! GREAT COLLEGIATE WRESTLING CAREER!

PITTSBURGH – Redshirt senior Joey Goodhart of the Drexel wrestling team closed out his time at the 2019 NCAA Championships in Pittsburgh, Pa. from PPG Paints Arena on Friday afternoon. Goodhart was the only Dragon of Drexel's four NCAA qualifier to advance into the second day of competition. With a loss on Friday to Ohio State's Chase Singletary, Goodhart ends his collegiate career with a 102-51 record, good for 8th on Drexel's all-time career wins leaderboard.

Congrats Joey! 102 wins at the collegiate level is a great achievement!

Thoughts through 141...
Cassar is quick, heavyweight is much more exciting when there is two athletic wrestlers and it doesn’t come down to pummeling.
Lee comes through in big matches
I don’t like Surriano
The ref blew the first review for Yanni and gave it back to him at the end

Thoughts through 141...
Cassar is quick, heavyweight is much more exciting when there is two athletic wrestlers and it doesn’t come down to pummeling.
Lee comes through in big matches
I don’t like Surriano
The ref blew the first review for Yanni and gave it back to him at the end

I agree with you, but didn't think that was 2 at the the end for Yanni.

I don't like that the ref who made the call is also the reviewer. They should have a 3rd ref who reviews it. It seems to be very rare that a ref actually overturns his own call.
That and the stalling needs to change. I like calling more stalls, but sometimes on the edge of the mat they have no where to go and get called just for sprawling straight back. I would also like to see stalling called on top guy more if he is not working for a pinning move.

That and the stalling needs to change. I like calling more stalls, but sometimes on the edge of the mat they have no where to go and get called just for sprawling straight back. I would also like to see stalling called on top guy more if he is not working for a pinning move.
100% agree

Lewis has some of the best hips. Marinelli couldn’t finish. Joseph was in deep with him dead to rights and he gets out. Joseph looks like he could maybe go 157.
I don't know that I've ever seen someone stop Joseph's shots when he is in that deep. He is a great finisher. I was worried about that match.

I've always thought Joseph and Hall could drop. They just are where they needed to be for the holes in the lineup. Hall always looks small on the mat at 174 to me. I think Joseph looks bigger than him.

I haven't watched the Championship round yet I have it DVR'd. But none of our local boys made it through to the championship match but still pretty cool that I got to watch all three wrestle on ESPN at the NCAA's especially from a little po-dunk town in eastern oregon.

That was some awesome wrestling.

Can't believe how bad Riviera got pounded.

Even though it pains me to say it, I thought Hindlay got robbed against Nolf. He out wrestled Nolf and should have had that takedown at the end of the first period.

Cassar slowed the match down and wrestled smartly. Great story and hopefully he can cap it off with a win against White tomorrow.
Yep, even Nolf thought that was taken down. Hidlay is the guy that always gave Nolf trouble.

That was some awesome wrestling.

Can't believe how bad Riviera got pounded.

Even though it pains me to say it, I thought Hindlay got robbed against Nolf. He out wrestled Nolf and should have had that takedown at the end of the first period.

I actually respect MyMar. He has been a great talent. Without Bo he is likely a 3x champ. Now let's not get on the tOSU subject :)

Gellar - on point so far.
Mueller was great, certainly surprised most, awesome pick.
Pumped for tomorrow, I’m a Cornell fan and have had yianni and max pegged.
Tomorrow looks like:
- Lee (Pokémon theme music)
- Suriano (upset)
- Yanni (cuz no one likes to say his name)
- Ashnault (he’s from jersey)
- Nolf (have you seen him wrestle)
- Vincenzo (he stuck Imar)
- Hall (he seems to like a grudge match)
- Dean (best coaching staff ever)
- Bo (he helps everyone up after he sticks them)
- Cassar (he’s from PSU)
You were darn close. Us PSU fans were worried about the Joseph and Hall. Hall and Zahid has always been a classic. Hall was in that situation so many times and got out.... not this time. The killer is that Zahid rode Hall to the end which was the difference. Lewis was on a roll the entire tournament. That cradle really changed the match. Joseph just got beat by a better guy on a phenomenal roll. Minneapolis 2020. It will be a 3 - 4 dog race :)

You were darn close. Us PSU fans were worried about the Joseph and Hall. Hall and Zahid has always been a classic. Hall was in that situation so many times and got out.... not this time. The killer is that Zahid rode Hall to the end which was the difference. Lewis was on a roll the entire tournament. That cradle really changed the match. Joseph just got beat by a better guy on a phenomenal roll. Minneapolis 2020. It will be a 3 - 4 dog race :)
I’ve heard some people say they will open the whole stadium and some people say they will block seats off. I remember when it was in the unidome in cedar falls, I can’t wait for it to be in a big stadium again. I’m going to make the 3 hour trip next year!

Back