Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

National data: private vs public.

http://nris.mt.gov/montanafacts/county_own.asp 59 41 there. Where the harvest info. come from?

Some slight correction to what Tom stated as 59% to 41%f for the Montana. We don't count water or tribal lands that are sovereign nations. Nor do we count National Parks, where no hunting is allowed.

So, the Montana allocation would look like this, according to his cited source.

Federal land - 29.1%, less 1.26% for national parks, 27.84% huntable Federal land
State land - 6.0%
Private land - 58.7%

Proper denominator = 92.54
Percent private land using the proper denominator = 63.4%
Percent public land using the proper denominator = 36.6%

Carry on .......

... We don't count water or tribal lands that are sovereign nations. ...

Who's we, its a Montana government web site so we must be someone different?

Greenhorn doesn't want to answer my question but he wants me to play a picture game.
Is the pronghorn hunt I described real hunting or not for you?

Its more like a contrast, than a contest though, the pictures, but I'm all for it. I'm going hunting this weekend, I'll take some pictures. Your over the counter out of state, no draw, liscense, if you were to go, is $48, $7 for youth and elderly, you can go hunt for two days with lodging that's between a tent and a motel room in amenities for $100 for two nights and days and shoot all the hogs and aoudads you want. If you shoot other species,(6+ to choose from usually) you pay $90 or more for each animal depending on what you decided to take. Its high success and if you want to hike hills and kick rocks go for it, that is there. No corn flingers allowed though.

I'll post to illustrate the contrast, but would appreciate you answering my question also if you don't mind, I'm interested in what you think.

I have a couple pictures from another place, if I can find them.

pecos.jpg

addax.jpg

muledeer.jpg

reddeercow.jpg
A Cow, the Kings deer, red stag, can be shot for $300 there.

view.jpg
See all the fences, blinds, and corn flingers?

aoudadwtmule.jpg

impalawt.jpg

redstag.jpg

Accross the Pecos river out in west Texas is where they're from.

Last edited:
Tom I suppose waterholing lopes is hunting but I don't have much interest in that. I have ADHD and can't sit in a blind. Love the Texas shots.. Makes me appreciate home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back