National AWB

They may not need to get it through now...they can trot it out there, see how close they are to getting it through...and then figure out how to grab more blue seats in the House next year, when things have calmed down and everyone has lost interest. The President's campaign team has formed a 501c(3) non-profit to keep pushing their legislative agenda; this is just the start. They'll bank on you losing interest, before they do...

So now you don't like Democracy? Wouldn't "grabbing more blue seats" mean that the voters decided they wanted to send more Democrats to the Senate or the House?

Don't all presidents have an agenda and want a legacy? How can I lose interest when every two weeks the NRA keeps reminding that the jack booted tugs will be arriving to take my guns? The first notice I got from the NRA telling me this was back in 1982, tough to lose interest.

How come the thought of shaping a message that appeals to a majority of voters and grabbing more red seats never occurs to anyone?

Do you want to bet on it or not?

Nemont

Sagebrush already posted that and I got it from him on MM and been spreading the good news. Nothing may come of it but I think it will get national press soon. Good stuff.

Maybe Arizona should ignore the Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid laws as well and send back the Highway funds to boot.

I think there was a war fought over nullification, didn't turn out well for the South.

Nemont

Maybe Arizona should ignore the Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid laws as well and send back the Highway funds to boot.

I think there was a war fought over nullification, didn't turn out well for the South.

Nemont

Its not the same

I've done some looking and haven't been able to find the text of the bill. Has anyone actually seen it or have a reference number?

I will bet you any amount of money you wish right now and throw in a week of goose and duck hunting on my dime that this doesn't become law.

Nemont

I hope your right on it being dead when it comes up to the floor. I wont bet but Id take a week of duck/goose hunting anytime and I would even pay my own way. You know how to knockem down!

Originally Posted by Nemont
I will bet you any amount of money you wish right now and throw in a week of goose and duck hunting on my dime that this doesn't become law.

Nemont

...better put a time limit on it Nemont.

The biggest threat is that if as it should, the Senate and the House keep it from getting to the floor for a vote; Obama just might go ahead and sign a few more EOs, and leave it up to the SCOTUS for a ruling. Knowing the time involved in getting something heard by the Court, could leave him time to replace at least one of the current justices, if not two, prior to the case going before them. Can anyone honestly say that such an EO would not be upheld and thereby become law based on a liberal SCOTUS interpretation???????????

The biggest threat is that if as it should, the Senate and the House keep it from getting to the floor for a vote; Obama just might go ahead and sign a few more EOs, and leave it up to the SCOTUS for a ruling. Knowing the time involved in getting something heard by the Court, could leave him time to replace at least one of the current justices, if not two, prior to the case going before them. Can anyone honestly say that such an EO would not be upheld and thereby become law based on a liberal SCOTUS interpretation???????????

Nope. They could run it up the chain pretty quick if B. Hussein Obama signed an EO with a really outlandish con violation in it.

It is a PR stunt... t'is all.

Dianne Feinstein holds little to nil chance of collecting Republican votes. She knows (and has known) that since entering public office. It matter little to her.

This is simple - play upon emotions to boost her standing amongst her democrat constituents. She knows it will not pass though her soap box is the victor. Far from a 'Democrat' strategy... This is politics 101.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back