Mystery Ranch Hunting Photo Contest

Seacat

Hey everyone!

We're having a big time photography contest over at Mystery Ranch. We're taking entires for all of our "tribes" but we're coming up pretty short on the Hunting side of things... this means if you get your photos in now you've got a great chance of winning some awesome prizes!

Here's the kicker... photos are due by February 28th... so time is ticking...

We're giving away more than $6000 in gear...

Here's the rules and regulations... and a link to the page on MR.com

Here's the link... http://www.mysteryranch.com/s.nl/sc....gory.138872/.f

The 2011 Mystery Ranch Photo and Video contest is open for entries! Submit your best photos of your Mystery Ranch gear in action for a chance to win over $6000 in Mystery Ranch gear.

There are 5 categories for submissions:

Military Photos
Fire Photos
Hunting Photos
Recreation Photos
Video
Take a minute to review our guidelines and submission information for more details on how to enter. Photos and videos must be submitted to Mystery Ranch by mail or email no later than February 28, 2011 to be considered.

Prizes

Top photographs and videos in each division and category will receive the following prizes as well as being showcased on mysteryranch.com.

Grand Prize: $1000 in Mystery Ranch Gear for the top two photos overall, and the top video
First Prize: $400 in Mystery Ranch Gear for winners in each of the 5 categories
Second Prize: $200 in Mystery Ranch Gear for winners in each of the 5 categories
Third Prize: Mystery Ranch Street Fighter backpack for winners in each of the 5 categories
Submission Guidelines

All entries submitted must be digital files, must be original, and must have been created and be owned exclusively by the entrant submitting the image or video. If in doubt, ask us if an image is acceptable.
Photos and Video must contain Mystery Ranch product.
Photos and Video must be submitted to Mystery Ranch by mail or email no later than Monday, February 28, 2011.
Digital photo files must be at least 5x7 inches at 300ppi (the bigger the better, however) and should be emailed in JPG format (RGB color profile preferred) to [email protected]. Drop off or mail disks to 1750 Evergreen Dr, Bozeman, MT 59715
Video must not exceed 180 seconds in length. The video must be in .wmv, .avi, .mov, or .mpg file formats. Video must not exceed 1GB total size. Any video that does not meet these requirements will be disqualified from this contest.
Your photos and videos must not infringe on any third party rights or contain any names, logos, or seals of any government agency, company, or organization.
Please limit submissions to no more than 10 files or slides.
Photoshop "art" is not allowed in any category. However, sharpening, adjusting levels, sepia tone, etc. is fine, but do not superimpose images or otherwise alter the original scene.
Photos and video may be shot anywhere, but must include Mystery Ranch products and should include information about location/subject/product/etc.
All submitted files may not contain spaces and must be titled with your: Lastname_First Prizes will be awarded to the top three contestants in each division (Military/Tactical, Hunting, Fire/Trail, Recreation, and Video).
Mystery Ranch has one-time rights to publish contest submissions in print, two years for web publishing, as well as unlimited usage in future Photo and Video Contest promotional materials. Photos and video will not be returned.
Mystery Ranch employees are excluded from the contest

Sweet, I am going to enter one of Greenhorns photos, I'm sure to win :D

In all seriousness tho, thanks for what you guys do and thanks for supporting Randy and OYOA!

Sounds great! I'm assuming lots of pics will turn up that were already posted on the MR thread. I'm assuming MR guys got to see that post.......

You better believe I saw the MR picture post... awesome stuff, one of the best parts is I personally know many of the folks who posted their photos... I feel really lucky to get to help people with packs and then see what they do with them. Please submit your photos everyone!!!

Load 'em up, men. That is some major SWAG to be handed out. Thanks for the invitation, Mark.

The stuff that shows up on this site every year is more than any other site out there. And, quite often, the pics have a MR pack in the frame.

Wow, thats a VERY generous contest and congrats to all those who win. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy me a MR pack so I can compete next year for sure! Thanks MR for being a sponsor of BigFin's show and for the prizes you've donated to the BAYED drawing!

We're giving away more than $6000 in gear...

Well Holy SHHHmokes.... I'd say that's one helluva contest..!!!

Thank you for your generous support of this forum and OYOA !!

Good luck to All who enter. I am unable to contribute at this time, so congrats to the Winner(s) !!

Note to self: Get one of those top-notch packs and learn how to take pictures for next years contest ... ;)

Seacat, I am wanting a MR pack but have never had the opportunity to try one or even see one in person. Any chance of someone coming to the Northwest to do any outdoor shows in the future? I have 4 different packs and have some issue with all of them. From what I have read from everyone here on Hunttalk, MR is the way to go. Thanks for supporting Big Fin and the OYOA.

Mark,

Can the photos be 'marked', or must they be clean of copyright markings?

Fin,
I'm assuming all of OYOA submissions will be marked?

Already sent a bunch of mine...you guys can directly to mysteryranch.com and do it on the homepage too. Not that I want anyone on here to enter picks...I am sure some of the prizes will go to guys off of this forum.

Thanks to Mark and Mystery Ranch for a great product!

I am watching Steve Rinella with his Crew Cab, hunting Sika deer and Wild Boar in Hawaii. Airing right now on Travel Channel.

Steve is a great guy. Got to visit with him recently, and he is one of us. No short cuts and the real deal with his hunting. If you get a chance to watch his show, it is an hour long and plays on Sunday nights on Travel Channel.

Nice to see Steve using serious gear, like a Mystery Ranch Crew Cab.

IMG_5650-1.JPG

I think I'll be heading to Bozeman to get my MR pack this summer! Can't wait! The hard part is yet to come though, convincing my wife why we need to go to Bozeman.

Time is running out! You may still have time for last minute submissions.
Here are the 10 I sent in.

Brown_Iain_CC1.jpg

Brown_Iain_CC2.jpg

Brown_Iain_CC3.jpg

Brown_Iain_CC4.jpg

Brown_Iain_CC5.jpg

Brown_Iain_Snapdragon1.jpg

Brown_Iain_Snapdragon2.jpg

Brown_Iain_Snapdragon3.jpg

Brown_Iain_Snapdragon4.jpg

Brown_Iain_Snapdragon5.jpg

Back