My Wife

Terry aka Coydog

I've been a part of hunttalk since the early days when Moosie founded it. My wife Tonya who loved hunting as much as i do, passed away on June 15th at the age of 41 following a battle with colon and liver disease. For 18 years she hardly missed a day in the field, hunting while pregnant and raising our 15 and 12 yo old sons.This hunting season will be a tough one as the boys and I take afield. Opening day of deer season this year is our wedding anniversary. I would like to ask my friends here at hunttalk ( I've been laying in the shadows for the last few years) to pray for me and my sons as we go thru our grieving and healing process. She was a wonderful mother, wife and sportsmen who loved wildlife and the pursuit of outdoor activities. Here is a pic of her from her last hunt last fall near Buffalo,Wy. Thanks friends. Terry aka Coydog. Coydog was my screen name in the early years. RIP baby. You will forever be in our hunting memories.

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:
Tonya had shot muleys and blacktails and on her last hunt of her life she wanted a whitetail so here she is with her last deer. Not a big one but on the last day of her hunt she was happy she finally had a whitetail. We did not know at the time this was going to be her last evening in the field. Rest in peace baby, you will always be with us when we are in the woods.

Attachments

• 041 (640x480).jpg
    041 (640x480).jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 716
Thoughts and prayers for you and your boys Coydog. RIP Tonya - Gone but never forgotten

I am very sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine how tough that would be. However, I am sure she will still be with you every time you are in the field.

Thoughts and prayers be with you. I have a feeling she will still be hunting with you only in a different way.

My hart goes out to you and your sons. I read a post one time that talked about taking items with you on hunts that belonged to lost loved ones. One guy would even build a shrine at camp to honor a loved one. Celebrate her life and take her on every hunt with you and your sons. It could be her hat,or favorite knife. She will enjoy enjoy every step you take.

My sympathy to you and the boys. It's the memories and love that will carry you three. Ironic, I just signed on as a member and this is my first post. Lost my wife suddenly just twelve years ago this month and had an 11 year old son home to break the news too. Stay tuff.

Welcome to hunttalk Whocares. So you definitely know the pain I'm going thru. It's real tough. She was able to die at home in peace surrouded by her family and those who loved her.

So sorry for your loss. I agree with the take a momento with you when go , I have 3 items from people who have passed on with me in my pack at all times. It keeps us all together until we can be together again to share a camp. Hopefully I wont have to add any more momentos for a long time.

Sorry for the family's loss. I pray you can raise your kids that represent her legacy. Kids that have character, wisdom and a love for her, you and each other.

God took her way too early. It is obvious that she lived the outdoor life style to the fullest with you and your boys. That is the legacy that she leaves.

Nobody ever promises you tomorrow, but you always hope you can put off the inevitable for awhile.

Carry on the way she would expect you to.

So sorry for your loss. Good luck to you and your boys. As MinnesotaHunter says, the memories of her and your sons will always be with you,

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back