My Very First Big Game Kill, One Shot One Kill

NW_Hunter

I harvested this wide 4x4 Black Tail in Northwest Oregon in 2012. It was my first big game animal that i have ever killed. I was very happy to have my Dad, Older Brother and Younger Brother with me at this time!

We have been walking around for about 2 miles now and we came around a bend on the logging road and we just see this huge rack in the clear cut about 175 yards away. So we all crouch down slowly and we get about 25 yards closer. So me and my dad stand up and he sets up the Primos Trigger Sticks (the trigger sticks are a life saver) and i rest my 308 on them. Than the Buck starts walking away following the three does he is with so my dad does a grunt call and he stops for a second and i am dialed in on him about 150 yards away. So i pull the trigger and BANG! my ears are ringing so as soon as the smoke cleared from the gun i look through the scope and dont see him anywhere so i say: Dad i missed him, hes gone! than my dad says: Hes not gone, you dropped him, one shot one kill!

Attachments

• Adam Buck.JPG
    Adam Buck.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
What a beautiful black tail. Good job staying calm under pressure. I bet your Dad is very proud of you!

Congrats! That is a beautiful buck. Great to get your first one with your brothers and Dad there. You'll remember every detail of the hunt for the rest of your life.

Beautiful buck and great field shot with the family. Looking forward to more of your hunting adventures.

Great family field photo and a beautiful buck to boot! I hope to find a buck like that one of these years.

Nice job! have your brother point the rifle far away from any of you for the next picture. The gun was probably empty for the picture though gun safety involves muzzle control as well and unloading a gun when not in use. Stay safe and best of luck on upcoming hunts!

Nice job! I really like the color on the antlers in contrast to the rest of him.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back