Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

My personal experience with an illegal immigrant this weekend

Calif. Hunter

I was off taking a bunch of older Boy Scouts (Venturers, actually) on an "action pistol" shoot at Burro Canyon on Saturday. We ran them through 3 pistol stages using a plate rack and various distractions and a final 3-gun stage. They all had a great time, and we stayed until the place was closing, which was about the same time all the ammo ran out... :rolleyes:

When we got down the hill and I could get cell phone service, I called my wife to let her know when to expect me home. She asked if I got her message and I said, "No, I just called you first."

My neighbor on the right had set up a garage sale that morning, and like usual, the customers don't care where they park... I had to honk my horn to get some guy to move his car out from in front of my driveway so I could get my truck out at 7:30 AM. :mad:

My wife had some errands to run, so she left about 9 AM. She also had someone blocking her in. :(

She got a call on her cell phone about an hour later from our neighbor on the left that someone had run into my car which had been parked in front of our house. The woman who hit my car tried to drive away, but her car wouldn't start. Tom, our neighbor, called the La Palma PD, but they refused to come out. He thought about it for a few minutes and called them back to insist that they send someone out...so 5 police cars showed up. :confused:

The driver first tried to say that some guy was driving...no guy was in the car. Then she tried to say that her mother, who was in the car, was driving. Too many witnesses saw her driving, though. Turns out she is unlicensed, uninsured and here illegally.

Oh yeah - there is a warrant out for her arrest, too. But since she is 8 months pregnant, they won't haul her in. :mad:

Another "cite and release" rather than an arrest. No bail - just let her go. Think she'll show up in court this time? But they are ALL just honest folks looking for a better life and doing jobs we won't do, right? (And I have no racial prejudices - it doesn't matter what race or ethnicity they are - if they are here illegally,, they are criminals!)

At least my neighbor got the cops to come out - with a police report showing her lack of insurance, the accident is under my uninsured motorist coverage which has no deductible. If she had been able to get away, it would have been under my regular collision with a $500 deductible. (Which is what happened less than a year ago when I was rear-ended by a hit-and-run driver... th einsurance company says "We don't know the other person was uninsured if they can't be located.)

As an aside, there are over 160,000 outstanding arrest warrants in Orange County, CA due to the "cite and release" program for non-violent crimes. Just get a "promise to appear" and let them out. No bail required.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying that for us all, as the rest of your post smacks of your racism.
That's interesting that you would say someone is racist when the individuals race was never mentioned. Was this person an illegal from England, Argentina, Poland, or Canada? At worst I guess we could call CaliHunter a sexist because he did say it was a woman. Its pretty sad comentary when a guy can't say what actually happened in a crime without becoming slandered and labeled because of the race of the individual that actually broke the law. If people want to be in this country, come through the front door. Most of all CalifHunter thank you for giving of your time and efforts for those scouts you took out to show a great time.

Last edited:
Oh yeah - there is a warrant out for her arrest, too. But since she is 8 months pregnant, they won't haul her in. :mad:

The "great" news here is that because of our ridiculous anchor baby law, this person who just wants to be a hard-working, law abiding citizen won't be illegal in about a month. :rolleyes:

I'm probably a racist, too. Someone here with clarity should probably warn my South American LEGAL resident wife of 17 years. She has no idea!

Hey, I don't have a sensible argument to make so I'll just call names! This is a fun game. Even above the third grade, I guess. Right, Jose?

Last edited:
Sounds like the government should hold Yard sales to find all the Illegals ? I mean.... earn some extra cash and Arrest people at the same time. Well, if they were arresting illegals that is ;)

Hoser demonstrates his ignorance and his own racist attitude (anti-American, anti-white) in that any mention of "illegal immigrant" becomes a slur against Hispanics. You know - being anti-white is just as racist as being anti-black, anti-Asian, anti-Hispanic or anti-Native American.....but it's okay to be an anti-white bigot while the other bigotries are forbidden. Hoser is a closet racist since he automatically associates "ilegal immigrant" with a certain race.

As pointed out - I never mentioned race. As a matter of fact, since I was not present when or immediately after my car was struck, In fact, my car was hit about noon and I did not get home until after 5 PM. I do not know what race she is or even what her name is as I do not yet have a copy of the police report.

One thing is - since they are already illegally here, what makes you think they are concerned about obeying our other laws?

Last edited:
(And I have no racial prejudices - it doesn't matter what race or ethnicity they are - if they are here illegally,, they are criminals!)

Can't tell me you weren't trying to get a reaction from Jose with this comment. :rolleyes:

Anyways...I wonder how the whole health care and law system is going to work should she remain here illegally when she is ready to have her baby. Will she get free health care and then off the hook with the law again after she delivers?

Sounds like the government should hold Yard sales to find all the Illegals ? I mean.... earn some extra cash and Arrest people at the same time. Well, if they were arresting illegals that is ;)

Wouldn't that be profiling?;)

Can't tell me you weren't trying to get a reaction from Jose with this comment.

...definitely profiling.:rolleyes:

One thing is - since they are already illegally here, what makes you think they are concerned about obeying our other laws?

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that if I was in another country illegally, I would obey all their other laws in order that I don't get caught for being there illegally in the first place. Seems to me that it would be easier to get caught for breaking some other law than for illegally entering a country.

It seems to me that a propensity for disobeying the law is just that - disregard for the rules. Why should an illegal immigrant worry when nothing happens to them when they get caught breaking other laws?

Can't tell me you weren't trying to get a reaction from Jose with this comment.

No. fowladdict1, I just know what crap he is going to come up with, and that he usually won't bother to read the whole post. He'll just spout off in a mindles reaction - especially to one of my posts. As I said, I still don't know what race or ethnicity she is. She could be French, Korean, English or ?

That Sucks Cali!.... Never Mind Hoser... He thinks it Ok to break several laws.. I.D.theft/forgery/hit & run///... You guys need a Sheriff JOE... That jackpot baby would have been deported! along with the scumbag mother

That jackpot baby would have been deported! along with the scumbag mother

Back to Europe...! Where all those illegals came from in the first place- with nasty diseases like smallpox, measles and tuberculosis- eventually killing nearly 90% of the locals... N-A-S-T-Y

Really, I don't give a sh!t. :) I figure she must of been fugly. No hot babes should ever be deported. :hump:

That should be the new law... If you're smokin hot- free pass baby. If you look like my brother in law- turn around and go back :W:

"Sheriff Joe" has been out here a few times, campaigning for Bill Hunt in the Orange County Sheriff's race. One of Hunt's campaign statements is " Pay the bail or stay in jail." He wants criminals booked and then they have to make bail - no cite and release.

No, I have met Mr. Hunt several times, attended Q&A sessions with him and the other 2 candidates, asked them all questions in order to determine their views on subjects that concern me. I guess getting involved is too much work for Hoser. It is much easier to make fun of those who do.

Hoser grasping at straws in a vain attempt to regain some semblance of credibility on this forum....LMAO

Calif- I'm curious...if you don't know the name of the person who hit your car, didn't read the police report, nor did you see the person, how did you find out the person was an illegal immigrant? You must have asked something about the person in order to get this information. I'm also wondering if the person who hit your vehicle was a citizen would it make you happier? The fact you make it a point to say the person was an illegal immigrant makes it sound like the accident in some way was worse due to this...I am glad your car will be paid for through insurance.

Back