MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My NM Antelope Archery Hunt 2021

Saw a buck 2 days ago that already had 3 does chase another buck that got close for about 10 minutes. He also made some scrapes after he ran the other one off. I don’t know much at all about pronghorn hunting, but the guy I was hunting with said this was pretty early for that. In the same area there was a big group of bachelor bucks. They weren’t interested in the doe decoy at all. This was in Eastern NM. Hopefully you get one.

Saw a buck 2 days ago that already had 3 does chase another buck that got close for about 10 minutes. He also made some scrapes after he ran the other one off. I don’t know much at all about pronghorn hunting, but the guy I was hunting with said this was pretty early for that. In the same area there was a big group of bachelor bucks. They weren’t interested in the doe decoy at all. This was in Eastern NM. Hopefully you get one.
Seeing that here as well, all of the above. I've tried challenging bucks with a buck decoy that I saw chasing other bucks and they don't even act like they care so idk... I guess jus keep trying different things, so far it doesn't seem like anything is working better than anything else. I've had the most luck so far trying to stalk them slow and staying completely hidden than trying to stalk them with a decoy

It's a bit of a stretch. If you know a fence crossing. A little strategic pressure from a buddy might push them by.

How many days do you have left to hunt?
Have til Thursday the 12th, but tomorrow is the last day that I have most the day to hunt. Seems like every day I go out I get closer to getting one and yesterday I got really close so hopefully tomorrow morning before it gets bloody hot I can get one arrowed. I have faith ill get it done yet.

I've had the most luck so far trying to stalk them slow and staying completely hidden than trying to stalk them with a decoy

It's been a while since I tried a decoy, but no luck with them either, I think it is just too far from the rut.

Well finally got it done, seems like when its supposed to happen it happens. Hadnt seen any goats this morning and we're just easing down this two-track and he stands up right there at 40 yards,looks at us and starts grazing so I range him and draw and slock him thru both lungs. I hunt my butt off and then one decides to jus commit suicide I guess lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back