Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My new pursuit

EODRay

I recently returned from a 6 week Taxidermy School in Texas (Central Texas School of Taxidermy). After retiring from the Army, I have been looking for my next pursuit and I think this might be it. I really enjoyed doing the habitat stuff. Making rock bases, pedestals, etc falls right in line with my love of carpentry and working with my hands. These are the first pieces that I have done. The owner\instructor told me that the fox and it's base are one of the best he has seen go out of his school in 20+ years. He may be blowing smoke down my boots but it was encouraging either way.

Looks good! Is Randy going to have you do a pedestal mount of his Utah Tatonka?

WOW! You have a life-like creative talent! Grats on finding something that really - floats your life's boat! Grats!

Super cool! Do you have a "most difficult part" or animal that was harder than the others?
The waterfoul have a very thin skin and are easy to tear. The smaller the animal, the more tedious. Like that Fox was a challenge. So the input form the instructor about it being good meant a lot. I messed up my fish mount. That’s why I didn’t even attach it first. See picture. They said it was ok but I wasn’t satisfied at all with it. So I striped it down and I’m doing it again. I’m getting better with the airbrush but not fast enough to my liking lol

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back