Caribou Gear Tarp

My new packing BABES!!!!

Muley Crazy

:D after hunting for 17 days last year and passing up over 80 bucks and seeing more and more 4 wheelers I decided that I needed pack animals with only a half acre 2 horse's were out and after some phone calls and reseach on the internet I decided llamas were the ticket I bought 2 pure breed paperd llamas for $150, stock rack for the truck $150 and 2 packs $560 200 inch muley Priceless !! today I saddled the one in 20 minutes and after a mile walk she was a pro !! crossing ditches and jumping over logs with no problems, the one with the pack on Is Hoyt and the one in the back ground is Remy short for Remington. A few pack trips and a lot of walks around the block loaded down with weight I think they will be ready !!

Attachments

• DSCF1684.JPG
    DSCF1684.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF1685.JPG
    DSCF1685.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 479
thanks! how did you do that??? 2 llamas will eat a 1 ton of hay a year in the winter. When packing Ive heard to take about 2 lbs of oats per day per llama if there is no feed around, but they are just like deer and elk and they will graze along the trail and if you move there picket every day they should be fine without oats

Larry the Lama

And the best part is you can eat them if you get stuck in the mountains!

Walt
Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
Your best bet in rafts, canoes and camp rentals in all of NW Alaska
www.northwestalaska.com

That's great. Let us know how the work out this season. Are they just ID llamas or will they be hunting other states as well this season? I had no idea llamas were so inexpensive.

That's great. Let us know how the work out this season. Are they just ID llamas or will they be hunting other states as well this season? I had no idea llamas were so inexpensive.

I think its because so many people buy them and decide they're to much work? :) Would beat the hell out packing in a packpack though.

Congrats MC- I've never hunted with them but have packed in for fishing with a couple (friends) on occassion...good stuff there!

If Fred can make them just a wee bit smaller, won't they be easier/cost less to feed?? ;)

MTMILLER 10 years ago these gals would run around $7000.00 to $10,000 bucks from what the owners said they are long legged and BIG for llamas standards. Llamas were real big back then but they kind of faded away in the last ten years. The guy I just bought the saddles from GAVE AWAY 4 packing llamas. These have been the so easy to train IF they do anything 2 or 3 times and they remember. In the last month I have been around 7 different llamas that have not been saddled (packed) for 2 to 3 years and they act like they just got saddled yesterday. If I could train them to sit in the raft I would take them to AK next month but we have not got that far on trainning.

Just remember that LLamas and camels are related. There is not a nastier animal in nature than a camel. Especially if they don't like you.

:cool:

Miller likes these as well because like sheep, they also "put out" wool:D

I like how the packs cost you more than the animals. :) I read llamas don't like canines at all and are actually used to guard sheep in some parts of the world. You got any dogs? The llamas that live across the street from us sure make a ruckus sometimes when they get into it with each other.

BILLY GOAT Yes I have 2 Jack Russell's I was worried about the dogs a 1st but one day they got out into the pasture and were running between there legs and the llamas just watched and smelled them. After that all 4 of them chase each other around while I work out side My goal is to put one dog in each pack and take them for a walk (Great chick magnet)!!!!!! I have females only so mine don't fight males are the more aggressive

Muley, you're genius.

I hunted with llamas once. They were rental llamas from Thunder Creek llamas out of Boise. Great animals. They could go most places I asked them to.

Just get them out consistently and they'll do well for you. The one part I liked was that they are very low maintenance. They do not want to be pet, groomed or paid attention to.

There is a guy in Southern Id giving away female llamas right now!! his ad is in the Amercain classifieds (IDAHO) but for what it would cost in gas I would be paying more then what I want to, he also has packing llama males with saddles for 1000.00 each (little spendy) but you do not have to train them, but that is have half the fun!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back